Join the discussion...
- Rodger Cooper 05/30/2013 With only two more days left to vote, I am hoping that somehow the heart of Pacific will be revealed to the “Bark for your park” judges. The population of Pacific, Missouri is actually smaller than the census shows since it includes 1,100 inmates at the Missouri Eastern Correction Center on Highway 66; that’s approximately 15 % of the population. To top that off, Pacific, Missouri is the home of one of best shelter dog rescue groups in the State of Missouri: Dirk’s Fund, a Golden Retriever all volunteer Rescue Group, whose population of dogs live and play at its facility in Pacific, and could use any unspent contest winnings. But dogs and inmates can’t vote, so how can one see Pacific’s heart? Thirdly, Pacific, Missouri has no Budget for Parks per se, only for the swimming pool. But we have outstanding young people, with good values. Dylan Patton, a Boy Scout, (with a big heart) started the Pacific Dog Park to earn his Eagle. The Dog Park was on the wish list of the City of Pacific. Pacific’s hope is from the heart. Steve Flannery, and the Park Board, city officials, pet professionals, shelters, and dog lovers are its beat. 30 days is almost gone; yet, votes alone won’t reveal our community’s heart beat, nor its commitment, or her passion for man’s best friend. Pacific’s bark is much bigger than just a park; it’s about values, team work, and heart. Petsafe “Bark for your park” contest brings attention to America’s culture; like a Norman Rockwell painting it strives to show that the heart of America is more than just a geographical region!
- Terry McEnnis 05/18/2013 Spread the word at today's activities, get everyone to vote two times a day.
- Rodger Cooper 05/16/2013 The deadline for all nominations, letters of community support, and land verification is 05-31-2013, so we need to get the City moving, and all organizational leaders...i.e., the Chamber of Commerce, Clubs, Schools, should write their letters of support.
- Rodger Cooper 05/14/2013 Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes shine to the stars. Enthusiasm is the sparkle in your eyes, the swing in your gait. The grip of your hand, the irresistible surge of will and energy to execute your ideas...Henry Ford “ Barking for your Pacific Park” will bring more than just a better place for our furry friends to play. Not only is the bond between you and your dog strengthened, so is the community’s.
- tammy miles 05/11/2013 We are so glad that Pacific has started a dog park. Our furry family members will really enjoy this new place to run and play.
- Rodger Cooper 05/10/2013 I noticed one town in New York with a population of 27,687 and they had 1,425 votes to date. Pacific, Missouri has 20,685 less people and have 85 votes. That city says they are second in ranking. Come on folks, lets hear from all of you --for our furry friends. That New York City has .051% and we have .021%. This contest has just started. I know that Steve Flannery, President of Pacific, Missouri Park Board is on board, let's hear from The Mayor, Alderman, Chamber of Commerce, and voters. If Dylan Patton, can start this project as an Eagle Scout, wouldn't you like to show your appreciation by voting every day twice a day for Pacific, Missouri? Bark for your park!
- Natalie PetSafe 05/10/2013 Hi Pacific, thanks for participating in Bark For Your Park. While reviewing your documents, we noticed you uploaded a photo under land verification. We need more firm communication about the home of your future park should your town win the contest. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Good luck!
- Rodger Cooper 05/08/2013 Pacific Animal Hospital is a proud supporter of the Pacific Dog Park -An Eagle Scout project of Dylan Patton. Please join the entire Patton Family, David, Bonnie, Dylan and Sam by voting every day for Pacific, Missouri on the Petsafe "Bark for your park contest" web site and Face Book site. Add your comments, and dogs photos when you are visiting.
- Rodger Cooper 05/04/2013 Dirk's Fund Golden Retriever rescue is a proud supporter of the future Pacific, Missouri Dog Park Project.
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.