is competing to win a dog park!
Not the city you were looking for? Search again.
PetSafe is here to help you along! We've created a visual process for your city to follow. As you reach each milestone and upload the required information, that icon will be brought to full color. You can click through the milestones to see what is needed to activate it. We've even provided you some templates to assist you in the process. Scroll down to see what your community has already uploaded.
Here's how the contest works
Vote For your City:
What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page.
When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
What: In order to qualify to win a park, your city must find land and approve it's use for a dog park. Work with local government and landowners to find your spot!
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
What: PetSafe needs to know your community government supports your pursuit of a dog park. To complete this task, notify your civic leaders (ie: mayor, county executive, city manager, Parks and Recreation director) of the contest and encourage them to create an account to upload a letter.
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
Send this release to your local media outlets to help get media coverage.
Download Interview Talking Points?
Download these FAQs and become the contest guru when talking to the media.
What: This step is optional, but getting your pups' faces in the media can't hurt. Get in touch with your local news station and print media to rally support for the new park!
When: Spans the entire contest
What: If you're been selected as one of our 15 finalists, you'll be invited to make a .30 video ad to show the world why your city deserves to win a dog park! Watch our video for tips to help you.
When: Due June 26th by 5pm Eastern
- David Antonacci 07/17/2013 Have you seen the news today? We were on News Channel 9! See the video here: http://www.9wsyr.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=4146000 Please vote and help our community! Thank you Caitlin Nuclo!
- 07/17/2013 Ooops! After I posted on July 13th, I realized that Ray Charles the Golden Retreiver, was supporting Lowell, MA---which isn't a finalist. My face is STILL RED! Sorry!
- pam heffernan 07/16/2013 @ Carol Tripp. We were at the Double Days game on Sun. (14th). We'll be at Double Days again & the Big 6 fair (26,27,&28). Keep checking CNY Dog Owners site on FB for future events. Thanks for voting too.
- Carol Tripp 07/13/2013 OMG!!! I just saw Ray Charles the Golden Retriever's afternoon post!! (He's blind & is highly followed on FB)He's tossing out the 1st pitch for his local city's Bark for YOUR Park votes!!! Can you get "hooked up" with the DoubleDays???
- 07/12/2013 Re: the July 6, 2013 post---THANK YOU for responding to my plight, on July 5th. You were VERY helpful! Even though all my dogs have passed on from old age, I'm very HAPPY to support your cause and have every day with my votes. BEST WISHES!
- Cindy Adler 07/12/2013 What about asking Wegmans to help out? They helped with the dog park in Onondaga County.
- c c 07/10/2013 I believe so if we still do not have the park built we could still enter. It will be up to the rules that are published for the next contest as to if we are eligible to win.
- Dee Marie 07/09/2013 if we only win the $25,000 this year can we enter next year for the $100,000?
- Katherine B 07/09/2013 Auburn Ny's doggy park would be overlooking the beautiful finger lake Owasco! From Cheddar, "Uws Doggyws wuwd luv da vieww!
- Claire Brundage 07/09/2013 Auburn Ny Is is need!!!!!! Vote Auburn!!
- cathy marshall 07/08/2013 Thank you everyone for voting. We can do this, Please watch the video over and over so we can get extra points.
- pam heffernan 07/06/2013 Everyone, keep up the GOOD work !!!!
- 07/06/2013 Follow the link to CNY Dog Owners Group and learn to vote for the extra 7 on Fridays.
- Carol Tripp 07/05/2013 Hi I've been voting twice each day, from the start---BUT, I can't figure out how to get the bonus points!!Will someone PLEASE walk me thru it!!! I know the answer to the clue, but then what do I do? HELP!
- Vin Gleason Jr. 07/05/2013 LETS DO THIS FOLKS! We are also playing a show for Bark for the Park Auburn on July 13th at Curleys! LETS GO TEAM!
- Laura McLachlan 07/04/2013 TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!! WHICH MEANS SCAVENGER HUNT!!! Time to pull ahead and win the park for all of our wonderful dogs! And those visiting from out of town too!
- pam heffernan 07/03/2013 We've got over 1200 views of our video. When do we get the extra votes ?
- pam heffernan 07/01/2013 What do the stars by certain cities mean?
- CNY Dog Owners Group 07/01/2013 Video is up - view it at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89NCj9xVHeA Share the link with everyone you know - each 1,000 views is worth 1,000 votes! Watch it as often as you can.
- Karen Balbierer 07/01/2013 Go to toys on the petsafe website and look for the toy that has magic in the name (view all toys and go to the bottom of the second page of the toys) - when you click on it you are asked a question - get it right and you will be able to vote again to get the 7 votes.
- 06/30/2013 I can't figure out the sniff thing either
- Wendi Antonacci 06/30/2013 I can't figure out the sniff thing either
- Ally sims 06/29/2013 I cant figure out the sniff out thing
- pam heffernan 06/28/2013 TODAY is the day we've got to make a JUMP. Have all your friends & family vote.
- Jennifer Drancsak 06/26/2013 Vote, vote, VOTE!!!
- pam heffernan 06/24/2013 Can't wait to see the video we all made for the contest.
- David Antonacci 06/23/2013 Folks, PLEASE, I can't bed and plead enough, we need YOUR help. Please Vote for Auburn, NY.
- Erika Chanko 06/23/2013
- Lyn Stone 06/20/2013 Pam, you're so terrific at reaching out to everyone you know! What about rescue groups? Are they supporting the dog park? It would be a wonderful place to bring rescued dogs to socialize! Lyn
- pam heffernan 06/19/2013 Somehow we need to get more people voting. Any suggestions?
- jeremy ball 06/16/2013 We have loyal voters. Keep up the good work. Also share with friends, neighbors, organizations you belong to, businesses you go to,family (even out of state)& encourage them to vote everyday. Thanks.
- Jennifer Owens 06/13/2013 If you search facebook for Bark for your Park 2013 it will bring you right to the voting link. Hope this helps...vote vote vote!!!
- Cindy Adler 06/12/2013 To vote on FAcebook...type in Petsafe and it will bring you to their site. Then go to the right and click on Bark For Your Park!
- cindy johnston 06/12/2013 My grand dogs need some space to play and meet new friends,please vote!!!!
- sherry mettler 06/11/2013 please everyone keep voting, auburn is falling behind, u can vote every day
- Alicia Freyee 06/09/2013 Ashley, if you do a search for PetSafe of fb the page should come up and and you will see a box that says Bark for Your Park click on that and you should see us.Thanks for voting!!
- Ashley DeFelice 06/08/2013 How do you vote on Facebook too!? I can find the page but not how to vote!
- David Antonacci 06/07/2013 Welcome to all the folks from Geneva, NY who are voting on our behalf. Thank you sooooo much! Please spread the word.
- 06/06/2013 Auburn is a Finalist! Your city received their finalist kit on June 5th. The kit includes lots of tools to help you encourage everyone to Bark For Your Park! You’ll also need to start developing your city's .30 video ad. Copy this link into your web browser to watch our finalist tips video http://youtu.be/neLPPYkp1tY. Also visit our Templates and Downloads page that has many other great support tool to you win! Good luck!
- cathy marshall 06/06/2013 OK the pressure is on. We need everyone to vote for Auburn New York.
- Janice Conaughty 06/05/2013 Voting is easy and quick - do it every day! Let's make Auburn #1!
- Jennifer Drancsak 06/05/2013 We are #5 in the finals, let's make #1!!!
- M c 05/29/2013 Thanks you Robin for posting that the land verification letter is correct. Auburn is hoping to get in that first place slot we just need to get some more votes. Marty
- Robin PetSafe 05/28/2013 Hello Auburn! Your land verification letter is approved. Thank you! - Robin, PetSafe
- M c 05/28/2013 Hope that all of you had a great weekend! Please remember to vote.
- cathy marshall 05/25/2013 Getting close to the end of the 1st round.Come on everyone vote everyday !!!!
- Brian Kaufman 05/25/2013
- pam heffernan 05/23/2013 I just want to say that our CNY Dog Owners Group is the best group I've worked with as a team. It really keeps me going.
- M c 05/19/2013 Thanks everyone. . . Hope you had a great weekend, lets get out the laptop and have you and your friends vote for Auburn, NY Thanks to you all who are voting every day!
- Jennifer Drancsak 05/18/2013 If you have Facebook, share the link and spread the word. The more people that know about it the more votes we'll get. :)
- David Antonacci 05/18/2013 C'mon people! Just click the VOTE button on this page and the Facebook page. Couldn't be easier and the cause is wonderful!
- Carol Tripp 05/18/2013 I'm voting in Memory of all my past dogs! PLEASE keep voting!
- M c 05/17/2013 Pam you are just a great person! Thank you. And voting twice, once on facebook and the second on petsafe's website. We are in a fight for first so keep voting. . . PLEASE!!! Have a great weekend everyone.
- pam heffernan 05/17/2013 I'd like to thank everyone who's voting for Auburn. We have a great CNY Dog Owners Group & we are trying hard to win so a dog park can be built. We still need you to keep voting !!!!!
- cathy marshall 05/16/2013 We need everyone's help in order to win.If everyone could find one more person to vote and that person finds one more person just think how many votes a day we could get. So get out there and find that one more person. Thanks
- M c 05/15/2013 Help us please, if you are not sure how to vote email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will give directions. Thanks
- Jennifer Drancsak 05/15/2013 Over 2000 votes! Keep em coming!! :)
- cathy marshall 05/14/2013 Please vote for Auburn NY We need to win 1st place so we can build the dog park this year. Remember to vote everyday !!!! Thanks
- M c 05/09/2013 Anyone looking to give us a vote? We need all the help you can give us. Thanks Marty
- CNY Dog Owners Group 05/06/2013 To voters - we are addressing the details of our verification with Petsafe - the Legislature authorized it last year. Please keep voting - we were sitting in #2 as of last night!
- Natalie PetSafe 05/06/2013 Hi Auburn, thank you so much for your participation in Bark For Your Park. While reviewing your documents, we noticed you have civic leader support for a park but no true land verification. We know the document mentions a location but need more firm communication that the property can be used if you win. Let us know if you have any questions by emailing email@example.com. Good luck!
- M c 05/04/2013 Hello to all you dog owners and friends of dogs. We really need your support to make Auburn, NY the top winner this year! Vote every day for Auburn, NY. If you Park has been built please HELP us in Auburn, NY. Thanks Marty from CNY Dog Owners Group.
- Donald Conaughty 05/04/2013 Voting for Auburn, from Atlanta! Don Conaughty
- Jennifer Drancsak 05/04/2013 Let's do this guys, our furry friends need a place to socialize together!!! :)
- Jeffrey Manning 05/03/2013 Dexter and Duke need to meet friends of their own kind! Auburn needs a park.
- Frances Westover 05/03/2013
- CNY Dog Owners Group 05/01/2013 Welcome to everyone helping get the dog park built at Emerson Park - please remember to vote every day! This is the year!!!
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.