is competing to win a dog park!
Not the city you were looking for? Search again.
PetSafe is here to help you along! We've created a visual process for your city to follow. As you reach each milestone and upload the required information, that icon will be brought to full color. You can click through the milestones to see what is needed to activate it. We've even provided you some templates to assist you in the process. Scroll down to see what your community has already uploaded.
Here's how the contest works
Vote For your City:
What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page.
When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
What: In order to qualify to win a park, your city must find land and approve it's use for a dog park. Work with local government and landowners to find your spot!
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
What: PetSafe needs to know your community government supports your pursuit of a dog park. To complete this task, notify your civic leaders (ie: mayor, county executive, city manager, Parks and Recreation director) of the contest and encourage them to create an account to upload a letter.
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
Send this release to your local media outlets to help get media coverage.
Download Interview Talking Points?
Download these FAQs and become the contest guru when talking to the media.
What: This step is optional, but getting your pups' faces in the media can't hurt. Get in touch with your local news station and print media to rally support for the new park!
When: Spans the entire contest
What: If you're been selected as one of our 15 finalists, you'll be invited to make a .30 video ad to show the world why your city deserves to win a dog park! Watch our video for tips to help you.
When: Due June 26th by 5pm Eastern
- jeremy ball 06/16/2013 We have loyal voters. Keep up the good work. Also share with friends, neighbors, organizations you belong to, businesses you go to,family (even out of state)& encourage them to vote everyday. Thanks.
- Jennifer Owens 06/13/2013 If you search facebook for Bark for your Park 2013 it will bring you right to the voting link. Hope this helps...vote vote vote!!!
- Cindy Adler 06/12/2013 To vote on FAcebook...type in Petsafe and it will bring you to their site. Then go to the right and click on Bark For Your Park!
- cindy johnston 06/12/2013 My grand dogs need some space to play and meet new friends,please vote!!!!
- sherry mettler 06/11/2013 please everyone keep voting, auburn is falling behind, u can vote every day
- Alicia Freyee 06/09/2013 Ashley, if you do a search for PetSafe of fb the page should come up and and you will see a box that says Bark for Your Park click on that and you should see us.Thanks for voting!!
- Ashley DeFelice 06/08/2013 How do you vote on Facebook too!? I can find the page but not how to vote!
- David Antonacci 06/07/2013 Welcome to all the folks from Geneva, NY who are voting on our behalf. Thank you sooooo much! Please spread the word.
- 06/06/2013 Auburn is a Finalist! Your city received their finalist kit on June 5th. The kit includes lots of tools to help you encourage everyone to Bark For Your Park! You’ll also need to start developing your city's .30 video ad. Copy this link into your web browser to watch our finalist tips video http://youtu.be/neLPPYkp1tY. Also visit our Templates and Downloads page that has many other great support tool to you win! Good luck!
- cathy marshall 06/06/2013 OK the pressure is on. We need everyone to vote for Auburn New York.
- Janice Conaughty 06/05/2013 Voting is easy and quick - do it every day! Let's make Auburn #1!
- Jennifer Drancsak 06/05/2013 We are #5 in the finals, let's make #1!!!
- M c 05/29/2013 Thanks you Robin for posting that the land verification letter is correct. Auburn is hoping to get in that first place slot we just need to get some more votes. Marty
- Robin PetSafe 05/28/2013 Hello Auburn! Your land verification letter is approved. Thank you! - Robin, PetSafe
- M c 05/28/2013 Hope that all of you had a great weekend! Please remember to vote.
- cathy marshall 05/25/2013 Getting close to the end of the 1st round.Come on everyone vote everyday !!!!
- Brian Kaufman 05/25/2013
- pam heffernan 05/23/2013 I just want to say that our CNY Dog Owners Group is the best group I've worked with as a team. It really keeps me going.
- M c 05/19/2013 Thanks everyone. . . Hope you had a great weekend, lets get out the laptop and have you and your friends vote for Auburn, NY Thanks to you all who are voting every day!
- Jennifer Drancsak 05/18/2013 If you have Facebook, share the link and spread the word. The more people that know about it the more votes we'll get. :)
- David Antonacci 05/18/2013 C'mon people! Just click the VOTE button on this page and the Facebook page. Couldn't be easier and the cause is wonderful!
- Carol Tripp 05/18/2013 I'm voting in Memory of all my past dogs! PLEASE keep voting!
- M c 05/17/2013 Pam you are just a great person! Thank you. And voting twice, once on facebook and the second on petsafe's website. We are in a fight for first so keep voting. . . PLEASE!!! Have a great weekend everyone.
- pam heffernan 05/17/2013 I'd like to thank everyone who's voting for Auburn. We have a great CNY Dog Owners Group & we are trying hard to win so a dog park can be built. We still need you to keep voting !!!!!
- cathy marshall 05/16/2013 We need everyone's help in order to win.If everyone could find one more person to vote and that person finds one more person just think how many votes a day we could get. So get out there and find that one more person. Thanks
- M c 05/15/2013 Help us please, if you are not sure how to vote email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will give directions. Thanks
- Jennifer Drancsak 05/15/2013 Over 2000 votes! Keep em coming!! :)
- cathy marshall 05/14/2013 Please vote for Auburn NY We need to win 1st place so we can build the dog park this year. Remember to vote everyday !!!! Thanks
- M c 05/09/2013 Anyone looking to give us a vote? We need all the help you can give us. Thanks Marty
- CNY Dog Owners Group 05/06/2013 To voters - we are addressing the details of our verification with Petsafe - the Legislature authorized it last year. Please keep voting - we were sitting in #2 as of last night!
- Natalie PetSafe 05/06/2013 Hi Auburn, thank you so much for your participation in Bark For Your Park. While reviewing your documents, we noticed you have civic leader support for a park but no true land verification. We know the document mentions a location but need more firm communication that the property can be used if you win. Let us know if you have any questions by emailing email@example.com. Good luck!
- M c 05/04/2013 Hello to all you dog owners and friends of dogs. We really need your support to make Auburn, NY the top winner this year! Vote every day for Auburn, NY. If you Park has been built please HELP us in Auburn, NY. Thanks Marty from CNY Dog Owners Group.
- Donald Conaughty 05/04/2013 Voting for Auburn, from Atlanta! Don Conaughty
- Jennifer Drancsak 05/04/2013 Let's do this guys, our furry friends need a place to socialize together!!! :)
- Jeffrey Manning 05/03/2013 Dexter and Duke need to meet friends of their own kind! Auburn needs a park.
- Frances Westover 05/03/2013
- CNY Dog Owners Group 05/01/2013 Welcome to everyone helping get the dog park built at Emerson Park - please remember to vote every day! This is the year!!!
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.