Long Beach, CA
is competing to win a dog park!
Not the city you were looking for? Search again.
PetSafe is here to help you along! We've created a visual process for your city to follow. As you reach each milestone and upload the required information, that icon will be brought to full color. You can click through the milestones to see what is needed to activate it. We've even provided you some templates to assist you in the process. Scroll down to see what your community has already uploaded.
Here's how the contest works
Vote For your City:
What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page.
When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
What: In order to qualify to win a park, your city must find land and approve it's use for a dog park. Work with local government and landowners to find your spot!
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
What: PetSafe needs to know your community government supports your pursuit of a dog park. To complete this task, notify your civic leaders (ie: mayor, county executive, city manager, Parks and Recreation director) of the contest and encourage them to create an account to upload a letter.
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
Send this release to your local media outlets to help get media coverage.
Download Interview Talking Points?
Download these FAQs and become the contest guru when talking to the media.
What: This step is optional, but getting your pups' faces in the media can't hurt. Get in touch with your local news station and print media to rally support for the new park!
When: Spans the entire contest
What: If you're been selected as one of our 15 finalists, you'll be invited to make a .30 video ad to show the world why your city deserves to win a dog park! Watch our video for tips to help you.
When: Due June 26th by 5pm Eastern
- Mary Matthiensen 05/17/2013 Val you need to send that picture of Ringo to Theresa. www.eldoradogparkfriends.org
- Val Pitts 05/16/2013 FEDDP is a great organization working tirelessly for the dogs. Let's get more votes going so we can help make this dog park a reality.
- Mary Matthiensen 05/15/2013 The letter is on it way Natalie. Do no get discoureage everyone. We have the property!
- 05/14/2013 Natalie I have tried to contact you about this issue of land. We have been passed by the parks commissioners and have 1.06 acres of land. I am not sure what you need? Please contact the Director of Parks and Recreation George Chapjian at 562-570-3170. He will be sending a letter shortly. We also have an official address 7650 Spring Street Long Beach, Calif. It not the land that has been an issue it has been the financing from the City.
- Natalie PetSafe 05/13/2013 Hi Long Beach, thanks for participating in Bark For Your Park. While reviewing your documents, we noticed you uploaded a photo, budget and letter from your Parks & Recreation office under land verification. We need more firm communication about the home of your future park should your town win the contest. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!
- Mary Matthiensen 05/12/2013 Great job team barkers, I know we can do better! Let show them what Long Beach is made of. We like to win!
- Mary Matthiensen 05/10/2013 Natalie we will have the documents soon. Thanks
- Natalie PetSafe 05/10/2013 Hi Long Beach, thanks for participating in Bark For Your Park. While reviewing your documents, we noticed you uploaded an aerial photo under land verification. We need more firm communication about the home of your future park should your town win the contest. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Good luck!
- 05/10/2013 0
- Mary Matthiensen 05/08/2013 This is so true Pam. The Parks and Recreation want to move it to the North side of Spring for more visibility, which we agree for Corporate. So we not only have one location but two! So let get everyone voting, we have the supporters to do this!
- Pamela Richards 05/08/2013 I came home from LB Community Hospital in 1960 to Eldorado Park South and have never left. I remember no golf course, no BB fields, no nature center, no Pitchford Facility, ect. But... What I remember most is fighting for all of these gifts for our city. The Eldorado area of Long Beach needs a dog park. We have the land needed we just need to get this help to complete this mission. We need to win this contest. Let's do this!!! LET YOUR VOTE COUNT!!! We owe it to our best friends... OUR DOGS!!! VOTE!!!!
- Mary Matthiensen 05/07/2013 Thanks Pam and Nancy.
- Pam Johnson 05/06/2013 Pamela Johnson 5/6/2013 Please get all your friends to vote, We really need and want this dog park for our neighborhood.
- Mary Matthiensen 05/06/2013 Hi Natalie We have documents that are about 10 pages long for the land specs. Friends of El Dorado will have to see what type of document is needed in a shorter version.
- Casey Gray 05/06/2013 YAY! a new doggy park <3
- Natalie PetSafe 05/06/2013 Hi Long Beach, thanks for participating in Bark For Your Park. While reviewing your documents, we noticed you uploaded a picture and letter of support under land verification. We need more firm communication about the home of your future park should your town win the contest. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!
- Nancy Bauer 05/01/2013 A great plans for would be Dog Park. Vote Dailey!!
- Mary Matthiensen 05/01/2013 Friends of El Dorado Dog Park are proud to say we competing again for the Bark for your park. So we had so much fun last time and ended with 2,040 votes lets top that for the year 2013. Mary Matthiensen
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.