Baker City, OR
is competing to win a dog park!
Not the city you were looking for? Search again.
PetSafe is here to help you along! We've created a visual process for your city to follow. As you reach each milestone and upload the required information, that icon will be brought to full color. You can click through the milestones to see what is needed to activate it. We've even provided you some templates to assist you in the process. Scroll down to see what your community has already uploaded.
Here's how the contest works
Vote For your City:
What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page.
When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
What: In order to qualify to win a park, your city must find land and approve it's use for a dog park. Work with local government and landowners to find your spot!
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
What: PetSafe needs to know your community government supports your pursuit of a dog park. To complete this task, notify your civic leaders (ie: mayor, county executive, city manager, Parks and Recreation director) of the contest and encourage them to create an account to upload a letter.
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
Send this release to your local media outlets to help get media coverage.
Download Interview Talking Points?
Download these FAQs and become the contest guru when talking to the media.
What: This step is optional, but getting your pups' faces in the media can't hurt. Get in touch with your local news station and print media to rally support for the new park!
When: Spans the entire contest
What: If you're been selected as one of our 15 finalists, you'll be invited to make a .30 video ad to show the world why your city deserves to win a dog park! Watch our video for tips to help you.
When: Due June 26th by 5pm Eastern
- Gail Duman 06/08/2014 Thank you to everyone who took the time to "Bark"! I will be letting you know after June 13th if we are still in the running.
- Gail Duman 06/05/2014 Only 2 days left to Bark for Your Park! Thanks for all the support!
- Gail Duman 06/03/2014 4 days to go! 310 votes. Keep up the support by voting. Thank you!
- Gail Duman 05/31/2014 7 days left to vote! 284 votes so far! Thanks to everyone supporting Bark for Your Park!
- Gail Duman 05/28/2014 10 day's to go. 252 votes! Thank you for voting everyday!
- Gail Duman 05/27/2014 239 votes! Thank you for voting! Only 11 days left! Keep it up.
- Gail Duman 05/26/2014 225 votes! Thank you for voting! Only 12 days left!
- Gail Duman 05/24/2014 207 votes and counting! 2 weeks left! Thanks to everyone for their support, let's keep it going.
- Gail Duman 05/22/2014 Yeah, thanks Kyle and Roy for taking the time to support Baker City! Everyone can post a picture of their dog on the Community Photos page, Lily won't mind.
- Kyle Johnson 05/21/2014 Voted from Indianapolis
- roy floyd 05/21/2014 Roy from Reno votes for Baker City
- Gail Duman 05/19/2014 Keep on voting! 132 votes already! We can do this!
- Gail Duman 05/17/2014 Annual Fundraising Rummage Sale for New Hope for Eastern Oregon Animals 3325 K St. Baker City, Oregon 97814 Today at 8am
- Gail Duman 05/15/2014 Whoot whoot! Up to 85 votes already!
- carrie maliwauki 05/13/2014 Come on people and VOTE! We are in need of a park
- Gail Duman 05/12/2014 26 days left, come on Baker City and Bark for Your Park!
- rick taylor 05/10/2014
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.