West Columbia, SC
is competing to win a dog park!
Not the city you were looking for? Search again.
PetSafe is here to help you along! We've created a visual process for your city to follow. As you reach each milestone and upload the required information, that icon will be brought to full color. You can click through the milestones to see what is needed to activate it. We've even provided you some templates to assist you in the process. Scroll down to see what your community has already uploaded.
Here's how the contest works
Vote For your City:
What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page.
When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
What: In order to qualify to win a park, your city must find land and approve it's use for a dog park. Work with local government and landowners to find your spot!
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
What: PetSafe needs to know your community government supports your pursuit of a dog park. To complete this task, notify your civic leaders (ie: mayor, county executive, city manager, Parks and Recreation director) of the contest and encourage them to create an account to upload a letter.
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
Send this release to your local media outlets to help get media coverage.
Download Interview Talking Points?
Download these FAQs and become the contest guru when talking to the media.
What: This step is optional, but getting your pups' faces in the media can't hurt. Get in touch with your local news station and print media to rally support for the new park!
When: Spans the entire contest
What: If you're been selected as one of our 15 finalists, you'll be invited to make a .30 video ad to show the world why your city deserves to win a dog park! Watch our video for tips to help you.
When: Due June 26th by 5pm Eastern
- Patricia Harrison 07/10/2013 I love your video :) PH from MH
- Monique Deluna 07/08/2013 Hello West Columbia. Please help small city MOUNTAIN HOUSE get the lead back over big city Texarkana, TX. last years winner suddenly joined forces with them to take the lead, help David beat Goliath. send MOUNTAIN HOUSE your votes
- sandra shull 07/05/2013 The videos up and today is 7 votes friday. Got mine in! YOU?
- sandra shull 07/02/2013 We wanted a beagle for our senior so we got on the Pets Inc. mailing list. We were emailed when Romeo arrived and lucky for us no one claimed him before we got there. He's amazing. A month later we got another beagle at the kill shelter. life is good w/ beagles. Romeo enjoys visits to Pets Inc. A dog park would bring in more traffic for more adoptions. Really hope we win this! :)
- Patricia Tracy 07/02/2013 Oops! We do have a video O/
- Brenda Carr 07/02/2013 I adopted Lakota 13 years ago and she has gone deaf but still as loving as always
- sandra shull 07/01/2013 Pets Inc does SO MUCH for our community. As a community...let's give back and help them help us get a dog park.
- Patricia Tracy 07/01/2013 Hey, we need a video posted! With 1,000 views we get 1,000 votes!
- Candace Roth 07/01/2013 we donate to PETS INC. since 2000 and they let our dog,han in and they love to see him when he comes also they helped us find a home for barbeque,a tabby we found @ little pigs the weekend after thanksgiving about 2 years ago so I have been voting almost every day on both spots
- Norma Kay Fricker 06/26/2013 your vote really does count with this project!!!
- 06/23/2013 Please vote. This is do needed and would such a great asset for Pets Inc. Not only for them but for all the furbabies they work tireslessly 24/7 for and our community. There are other shelters I know in the Columbia area but Pets Inc. operates on donstions only.
- Kayla Lamons 06/14/2013 Hi! We are all trying to find the clue for the vote to count 7xs!!! PLEASE HELP
- Bonny Sweat 06/12/2013
- Kat C. 06/12/2013 Please help!!! A huge benefit to the animal community and human community alike.
- 06/10/2013 Pet's Inc helped me place 13 cats/ kittens that were part of a feral community into loving homes. I regularly shop with them and donate each month. They are a wonderful organization and really deserve this grant!
- joy young 06/08/2013 Pets Inc has worked tirelessly to save and adopt animals to the betterment of the animal and their community. I have never seen an organization that worked so hard for the health and welfare of the animals.
- Tammy Ashley 06/08/2013 I've sent a personal message to every friend I have on Facebook and have been handing out flyers. If we can get our friends and their friends to vote we can do this. Some of the other competitors are large so please c'mon Sc we can do this.
- Lor McG 06/07/2013 I have adopted all of my pets from Pets Inc. They provide a huge service to the West Columbia/Greater Columbia area!
- Helen Sellers 06/07/2013 We need a park for all of our canine friends to be happy and have a newfound freedom at PETS INC.
- Michael Sterling 06/06/2013 We have the privilege to foster some of the new intake dogs that are sick and need the extra care so they can get well and be adopted into their forever homes Pets Inc has the tireless 24/7 task of caring for thousands of animals every year The very least we can do is vote every day
- Pat Powell 06/05/2013 Pets Inc. does such an incredible job with their rescue & adoption program. My family has adopted several precious babies from them. Each Christmas I always send them a donation check & several times during the year I take things to their resale store. I also try to take newspaper, baby blankies & cleaning supplies to them. Would love to see them get another larger location for their thrift store. They could do so much more if they had more room.
- Bridgette Goff 06/05/2013 Thirteen years ago we adopted out precious baby girl, Shelby, from Pets, Inc. She's still our sweet, joyful girl! Vote for Pets, Inc!
- Ashley Wehrkamp 05/17/2013 I know Mountain House CA has over 6000 votes and Texarkana TX has over 2000 We need all the help we can get
- Tammy Ashley 05/16/2013 Vote for West Columbia to win a dog park. Show your support for our animals.
- Tammy Ashley 05/08/2013 I'm voting for the dog park at pets incorporated to be renovated.
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.