is competing to win a dog park!
Not the city you were looking for? Search again.
PetSafe is here to help you along! We've created a visual process for your city to follow. As you reach each milestone and upload the required information, that icon will be brought to full color. You can click through the milestones to see what is needed to activate it. We've even provided you some templates to assist you in the process. Scroll down to see what your community has already uploaded.
Here's how the contest works
Vote For your City:
What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page.
When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
What: In order to qualify to win a park, your city must find land and approve it's use for a dog park. Work with local government and landowners to find your spot!
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
What: PetSafe needs to know your community government supports your pursuit of a dog park. To complete this task, notify your civic leaders (ie: mayor, county executive, city manager, Parks and Recreation director) of the contest and encourage them to create an account to upload a letter.
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
Send this release to your local media outlets to help get media coverage.
Download Interview Talking Points?
Download these FAQs and become the contest guru when talking to the media.
What: This step is optional, but getting your pups' faces in the media can't hurt. Get in touch with your local news station and print media to rally support for the new park!
When: Spans the entire contest
What: If you're been selected as one of our 15 finalists, you'll be invited to make a .30 video ad to show the world why your city deserves to win a dog park! Watch our video for tips to help you.
When: Due June 26th by 5pm Eastern
- 06/14/2013 Let's get going Texarkana, we are in 3rd place. Get everyone you know to vote.
- Lisa Siegel 06/14/2013 Texarkana is very deserving of a dog park!! Come on everybody and vote today!
- 06/13/2013 Texarcana I was courious about the reference to Kylee so I checked out your face book twice as nice. I had tears rolling down my face after I read the article of the Albert Pike Flood that happened 3 years ago. Your community has suffered a great loss. My prayers go with you.
- nancy smith 06/13/2013 Come on TEXAS dog lovers. VOTE VOTE VOTE. We are now in 3rd place, we need those votes more so each day. Let's get er done.
- Michael dillon II 06/12/2013 hey mandy moore, glad to hear this been gathering votes for awhile..think we will take this one too.... bark bark like a dawg!!! lol
- Deborah Johnson 06/10/2013 Please vote for Texarkana,Texas a dog park.This would be awesome, a constant memory of Kylee who passed 3 years ago today.Yes,I am begging and pleading.Bark twice a day for Texarkana,Texas a dog park.
- Paul Hatcher 06/08/2013 Thank-you De Legins for your vote!!!!! That is showing true hospitality!!!!! I appreciate it!
- Pattie Platt 06/07/2013 I have voted on every device I have Texarkana deserves this
- Freddie Weathers 06/07/2013 I voted twice today for Texarkana, Texas and also got my seven extra votes.Go Texarkana, Texas.
- Alida Mccartney 06/07/2013 Be sure to tell all of your friends about this- lot of local folks do not get the Gazette
- D Lejins 06/06/2013 Hi I'm from California, and it sounds like you really need a dog park. So, I'm casting my votes for you.....
- Mary Beck 06/05/2013 We are with you Texarkana, Texas. AR-TX dog parks are twice as nice.
- John Smith 06/05/2013 Awesome job Texarkana, keep up the good work.
- Jacque & Doug Ratley 05/28/2013 Come on Texarkana vote we need this Dog Park. our babies need it.
- Brandy Moore 05/27/2013 OOPs - just turned my computer on, and I wasn't logged in when I posted below. Send me a P.M.on Facebook if you want to be in the loop.
- 05/27/2013 I am the contact this year. Please send me a P.M. on Facebook and I will tell you how to get information you are wanting to find :) We have a Facebook page where all this information is listed, but people who are not on the page are out of the loop. I'll direct you to the information if you send me a message :) We are going to have a huge rally and do the land info together. That's this Thursday night at 6.
- 05/27/2013 Who is the contact this year? I see people putting that the park is to be in Spring Lake but haven't see any hard evidence of this yet? I don't mind voting, but if our lead person can't get it together, Texarkana will be removed, via the rules. The Gazette's article didn't help. Maybe they need to do a follow up.
- John Smith 05/23/2013 Anyone here anything new about our land verification?
- D Lejins 05/23/2013 You guys need to get your docs in order ASAP.....good luck!
- Natalie PetSafe 05/22/2013 Hi Texarkana, thanks for participating in Bark For Your Park. While reviewing your documents, we noticed you uploaded a photo under land verification. We need more firm communication about the home of your future park should your town win the contest. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!
- Georges Drautz 05/22/2013
- Mary P. "Prissy" Hickerson 05/22/2013 Good luck, Texarkana, TX. You'll get my daily votes!!
- Barbara Chester 05/22/2013 I believe if you are within 15 or 20 miles of each other you can ask the other Texarkana to give you their votes. check out the rules.
- Tina Syphers 05/22/2013 Come on Texarkana, let's do what we did last year.Let's get the support from our community and vote twice daily for a dog park in memory of Kylee.
- 05/18/2013 Did anyone read the Texarkana Gazette today?
- John Smith 05/14/2013 Alright, I just checked out some of the other towns trying to win a dog park. Mountain House, CA already has 4888 votes. Come on Texarkana, get the word out and vote twice a day.
- nancy smith 05/14/2013 Come ON Texarkana. Let's BE twice as nice & start voting twice to get Texas side a dog park also. This one will be in Spring Lake Park & accessible from I-30, so travelers can also use it & know that Texarkana is Twice as Nice. Get on here & vote.
- John Smith 05/13/2013 Up to 1899 with my 2 votes. I remember helping the Arkansas side last year. We need they're help this year.
- Natalie PetSafe 05/13/2013 Hi Texarkana, thanks for participating in Bark For Your Park. While reviewing your documents, we noticed you uploaded a photo under land verification. We need more firm communication about the home of your future park should your town win the contest. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Good luck!
- Karen Spivey 05/09/2013 Best of luck Texarkana, Texas!!!! This would be so awesome!!!!!!!!
- dale spriggs 05/09/2013 hi dale and janice spriggs will be barking again
- P A McLemore 05/08/2013 Do we have the support needed by the city of Texarkana TX?
- Sandy Burton 05/07/2013 Remember you can vote on facebook too!!!!! Here's the link!!!! https://www.facebook.com/PetSafeBrand/app_321086731284099
- nancy smith 05/06/2013 This will be a benefit to all dog lovers on the Texas side. Let's be the first bi-state to have 2 dog parks. Lets tell our city officials this is what we want & deserve.
- Karen Spivey 05/06/2013 This would be so awesome to have a dog park on Texas side. Will be voting everyday!
- Deborah Johnson 05/05/2013 I am either 527 and 528 or 528 and 529,,,either way I voted twice.Please vote for Texarkana,Texas to win a dog park.Thank you.
- Deborah Johnson 05/02/2013 Remember everyone,,,,BARKFOR YOUR PARK EVERYDAY.So glad we are being given the opportunity to have a park in Texarkana,Texas.I along with my 3 fur babies are very grateful for this chance and hopefully...SUCCESS.
- Larry McPherson 05/02/2013 Ok Texarkana TEXAS lets pull together and get er done..
- Jeff Rescue 05/02/2013 Texarkana is Twice As Nice. Texarkana Arkansas has one, now it is Texarkana Texas turn, JTR
- Karol Patrick 05/01/2013 Let's vote for Texarkana, TX to win in 2013!
- Brandy Moore 05/01/2013 I had to post a picture of my Maisy. Since I didn't have a dog for last year's competition and we won - - I went and rescued Maisy, who had a spinal injury and could not walk. She was so happy to leave the Animal Shelter (Maisy is the one in the pink dress with polka dot tutu)
- Mary Vanslyke Smith 05/01/2013 this is my PJ,,she is deaf an loves to run an play off the leash,,she wants a dog park where she do just that an she loves making new friends
- Chrystal Sloan 05/01/2013 Best of luck Texarkana, Texas! Glad to have the excitement back that this contest brings. I'll be voting for my hometown every single day!
- 05/01/2013 Good luck Texarkana, TX!!! Are you ready to go for first place again?
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.