is competing to win a dog park!
Not the city you were looking for? Search again.
PetSafe is here to help you along! We've created a visual process for your city to follow. As you reach each milestone and upload the required information, that icon will be brought to full color. You can click through the milestones to see what is needed to activate it. We've even provided you some templates to assist you in the process. Scroll down to see what your community has already uploaded.
Here's how the contest works
Vote For your City:
What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page.
When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
What: In order to qualify to win a park, your city must find land and approve it's use for a dog park. Work with local government and landowners to find your spot!
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
What: PetSafe needs to know your community government supports your pursuit of a dog park. To complete this task, notify your civic leaders (ie: mayor, county executive, city manager, Parks and Recreation director) of the contest and encourage them to create an account to upload a letter.
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
Send this release to your local media outlets to help get media coverage.
Download Interview Talking Points?
Download these FAQs and become the contest guru when talking to the media.
What: This step is optional, but getting your pups' faces in the media can't hurt. Get in touch with your local news station and print media to rally support for the new park!
When: Spans the entire contest
What: If you're been selected as one of our 15 finalists, you'll be invited to make a .30 video ad to show the world why your city deserves to win a dog park! Watch our video for tips to help you.
When: Due June 26th by 5pm Eastern
- Barbara Chambliss 06/14/2013 I want to vote, but it's not letting me. Is L'Burg not participating this time?
- Thomas Strayhorn 05/31/2013 The Friends of Lynchburg Dog Park worked on the contest last year, but we are unable to do so this year. We've opened our "bare bones" park and decided this year to focus our efforts on managing and making improvements to our new dog park. Go to www.lynchburgdogpark.com and check it out.
- Marge Denham 05/31/2013 Where's the publicity? We need more votes.
- D Lejins 05/28/2013 Is anyone out there getting their docs in a row?????
- Jo Heil 05/24/2013 Hate to tell you this but if you do not get your documents posted by the 31st you can not participate in the contest. All the votes in the world will not help you if you have note submitted the proper documents.
- 05/23/2013 Hey, you guys need to get your docs in order....and, we'll be glad to vote for you.
- Jennifer Cash 05/21/2013 Okay, let's hope for no freak storms and extended power outages this year!!
- Bonnie Kliamovich 05/18/2013 Are we in this contest for sure? Does anyone know who was in charge last year? It says we need to upload documents. Thanks.
- Sarah Farmer 05/13/2013 Good luck Ziggy of Lynchburg, we're going to make it this time.
- Inga Wilkerson 05/08/2013 The city has to upload documents for us to officially be in the contest. Not sure we are officially in yet????
- P A McLemore 05/06/2013 Good Luck from Texarkana, I'm barking for you.
- Chrystal Sloan 05/02/2013 Wishing Lynchburg the best! Good luck Ashley!
- Elaine Stern 05/02/2013 YAY, Lynchburg is ready to win money for our Dog Park…hopefully we will have a successful year! PLEASE Everyone Vote!!
- Andre Sloan 05/02/2013 GOOD LUCK Ashley, and best of luck to all of Lynchburg!
- Ashley Atkins 05/02/2013 Here we go Lynchburg!!
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.