New Richmond, WI
is competing to win a dog park!
Not the city you were looking for? Search again.
PetSafe is here to help you along! We've created a visual process for your city to follow. As you reach each milestone and upload the required information, that icon will be brought to full color. You can click through the milestones to see what is needed to activate it. We've even provided you some templates to assist you in the process. Scroll down to see what your community has already uploaded.
Here's how the contest works
Vote For your City:
What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page.
When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
What: In order to qualify to win a park, your city must find land and approve it's use for a dog park. Work with local government and landowners to find your spot!
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
What: PetSafe needs to know your community government supports your pursuit of a dog park. To complete this task, notify your civic leaders (ie: mayor, county executive, city manager, Parks and Recreation director) of the contest and encourage them to create an account to upload a letter.
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
Send this release to your local media outlets to help get media coverage.
Download Interview Talking Points?
Download these FAQs and become the contest guru when talking to the media.
What: This step is optional, but getting your pups' faces in the media can't hurt. Get in touch with your local news station and print media to rally support for the new park!
When: Spans the entire contest
What: If you're been selected as one of our 15 finalists, you'll be invited to make a .30 video ad to show the world why your city deserves to win a dog park! Watch our video for tips to help you.
When: Due June 26th by 5pm Eastern
- 05/30/2013 When we moved to New Richmond last year, we thought the only thing our beautiful town needed to make it perfect was a dog park. Keeping all our fingers and paws crossed we win the contest. We could have a safe place to play and sniff and romp off-leash, that's beyond our wildest dreams!
- Pamela Vruwink 05/27/2013 The City of New Richmond has the perfect location for our dog park! I can't wait to have a space close to home where dogs can exercise & play safely off-leash.
- Mark Hay 05/19/2013 Have been eyeballing the location since I first heard about it, with great anticipation. My big ol' labradoodle is chafing at the bit.
- Bobbie Dale-Wozniak 05/15/2013 Looking forward to bringing my family to the dog park. It would be great to win this and really improve the park right as we open it!
- Erica Kufus 05/03/2013 With this donation we will have water and shelter at the park!
- Andrew Laners 05/03/2013 New Richmond is a wonderful community that absolutely deserves to have a top notch dog park.
- Erica Kufus 05/02/2013 This park WILL happen. We are lucky! Joe Kerlin, the Parks and Recreation Director, is in complete support for this park. We even already have a location. The address will be 2202 185th Ave, New Richmond, WI (just west of the County Health Center).
- Erica Kufus 05/01/2013 Friends of the Dog Park would like to thank you for your support in our community! Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NewRichmondAreaOffLeashDogPark?fref=ts
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.