is competing to win a dog park!
Not the city you were looking for? Search again.
PetSafe is here to help you along! We've created a visual process for your city to follow. As you reach each milestone and upload the required information, that icon will be brought to full color. You can click through the milestones to see what is needed to activate it. We've even provided you some templates to assist you in the process. Scroll down to see what your community has already uploaded.
Here's how the contest works
Vote For your City:
What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page.
When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
What: In order to qualify to win a park, your city must find land and approve it's use for a dog park. Work with local government and landowners to find your spot!
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
What: PetSafe needs to know your community government supports your pursuit of a dog park. To complete this task, notify your civic leaders (ie: mayor, county executive, city manager, Parks and Recreation director) of the contest and encourage them to create an account to upload a letter.
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
Send this release to your local media outlets to help get media coverage.
Download Interview Talking Points?
Download these FAQs and become the contest guru when talking to the media.
What: This step is optional, but getting your pups' faces in the media can't hurt. Get in touch with your local news station and print media to rally support for the new park!
When: Spans the entire contest
What: If you're been selected as one of our 15 finalists, you'll be invited to make a .30 video ad to show the world why your city deserves to win a dog park! Watch our video for tips to help you.
When: Due June 26th by 5pm Eastern
- 05/29/2013 Attention Merrimack (&Area) Dog Owners: Please follow us on the Facebook page Construction of the Merrimack Dog Park for a list of events. Soon to come is our website. The dogs had a great time at their doggie play date.
- Chris . 05/26/2013 Great dog pics! Pls keep voting and posting!
- Sherry Kalish 05/23/2013 Dear Pet Safe, I have written the Community Support letter but am not sure how to upload it. Can you help?
- Natalie PetSafe 05/22/2013 Hi Merrimack, thanks for participating in Bark For Your Park. While reviewing your documents, we noticed you uploaded photos under land verification. We need more firm communication about the home of your future park should your town win the contest. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!
- Chris . 05/21/2013 Great job Merrimack! Keep going! Ask your friends and family to vote everyday too!
- Holly Morales 05/20/2013 Over 300 votes so far!
- Chris . 05/15/2013 Keep going Merrimack! We have the site and a plan! Don't forget to post your favorite super dog pics!
- Harvey Bloom 05/14/2013 We have over 4,000 dogs registered in Merrimack and really need this dog park!
- Holly Morales 05/13/2013 Merrimack has a dog park committee already in place. We also have the space. We just need the funds!!!
- Chris . 05/11/2013 Come on Merrimack NH lets work together and make it happen!
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.