Do the dogs in our town dream of wide open spaces and a place to call their own? Then win your furry friends a new dog park from PetSafe®. Read the Contest Overview to get the full details on participation!
- Check back tomorrow and vote again!
- Don’t forget to vote on Facebook also!
is competing to win a dog park!
Not the city you were looking for? Search again.
PetSafe is here to help you along! We've created a visual process for your city to follow. As you reach each milestone and upload the required information, that icon will be brought to full color. You can click through the milestones to see what is needed to activate it. We've even provided you some templates to assist you in the process. Scroll down to see what your community has already uploaded.
Here's how the contest works
Vote For your City:
What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page.
When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
What: In order to qualify to win a park, your city must find land and approve it's use for a dog park. Work with local government and landowners to find your spot!
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
What: PetSafe needs to know your community government supports your pursuit of a dog park. To complete this task, notify your civic leaders (ie: mayor, county executive, city manager, Parks and Recreation director) of the contest and encourage them to create an account to upload a letter.
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
Send this release to your local media outlets to help get media coverage.
Download Interview Talking Points?
Download these FAQs and become the contest guru when talking to the media.
What: This step is optional, but getting your pups' faces in the media can't hurt. Get in touch with your local news station and print media to rally support for the new park!
When: Spans the entire contest
What: If you're been selected as one of our 15 finalists, you'll be invited to make a .30 video ad to show the world why your city deserves to win a dog park! Watch our video for tips to help you.
When: Due June 26th by 5pm Eastern
- Irene Rabinowitz 06/13/2014 Paws crossed, and anxiously waiting to hear if we made finals.
- Maria Alestra 06/06/2014 Literally just found out today..voted and posted ...hope we can do it.do we know where we stand:)
- Kathy Huber 06/05/2014 1,040 VOTES! 2 Days left to vote!
- Christine Taurozzi Benosky 06/04/2014 Keep voting! Three more days to qualify!!!! -Christine Selden
- WENDY Roehder 06/04/2014 IRENE I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THE DOG PARK CONTEST. I WISH I KNEW ABOUT IT. I COULD HAVE CAMPAIGNED FOR YOU.I VOTED!!! GOOD LUCK. WENDY ROEHDER ( CHOPPER )
- Lee Pierson 06/02/2014
- Lisa Verdi 06/02/2014 Trying to get the word out daily, I wish people would vote, it doesnt take much... Would LOVE for Selden to win :)
- Irene Rabinowitz 05/29/2014 Thanks Robin. The community is so excited to be in the running and hoping to make finals.
- Robin PetSafe 05/28/2014 Hi Seldon, NY! You guys have a great effort towards your dream dog park in place. I just wanted to let you know that we have received and reviewed your Land and Support Letters. They are great and congrats on making this important step in the contest. You are using so many of the resources we have in place to help cities get the word out. Your precious pups very much deserve a dog park. Go Selden! Bark For Your Park!
- Irene Rabinowitz 05/26/2014 Come on Selden, we can do this! If everyone votes just once, we could win $100k. Be sure to like LI DOG & Central Suffolk Paws on facebook, we post updates often.
- Marlene St Jean Brigantino 05/24/2014 Our community deserves to have a nice place to bring our 4 legged friends & it would also show that Middle Country isn't just a bunch of stores & strip malls!
- Irene Rabinowitz 05/21/2014 What a great show of support from the community. I can't wait until we can celebrate at the dog park! :)
- Gerard Dean 05/21/2014 I'm so exciting and I hope we win. We really need this dog park.
- Michelle Martens 05/19/2014 Hope we win!!!!
- Ginny Munger Kahn 05/19/2014 Love the photos showing all the support for the Dog Park this weekend!
- Irene Rabinowitz 05/17/2014 We love seeing all the dogs just waiting for their own playground. So keep the votes coming in!
- Nancy Borock Ami 05/14/2014 This time no problem via online or Facebook, but I tried via mobile first. That didn't work! But at least I did get my votes in!
- El Tag 05/13/2014 Now it's not letting me vote
- Irene Rabinowitz 05/13/2014 This is great! Keep those votes coming.
- Ginny Munger Kahn 05/13/2014 I love the letter from Councilman LaValle. It's a wonderful letter of support for the dog park!
- Nancy Borock Ami 05/12/2014 For whatever reason,, it went through using IE. Why I haven't a clue! Now if only I could get that last week of trying to vote and have those added on. Sigh.
- Melanie Apostolico 05/10/2014 Can't vote through the website but could only vote through the FB page.
- Sarah Gugumuck 05/10/2014 Nancy, I never. got an email back to vote just created a account, logged in and noted with email and captcha. Hope that helps
- Nancy Borock Ami 05/10/2014 Irene, still no answer back,, no email,, can't vote.
- Irene Rabinowitz 05/09/2014 Thanks Nancy. Once you registered, you should just be able to click vote and it should take.
- Nancy Borock Ami 05/09/2014 I've registered to vote,,, but no email yet to verify.
- 05/08/2014 I am having trouble uploading the news article for Selden. Any advice would be so appreciated. Thanks
- Carol Ciprios 05/08/2014 Thank you Irene for advocating for all the dogs in our area!
- Irene Rabinowitz 05/08/2014 Thanks PetSafe for holding this contest and helping communities have a great safe recreational area for dogs and their humans. Our community is hoping to win. We send a big thanks to all our supporters! Everyone can check out the article our local newspaper published to help get word out: http://www.northshoreoflongisland.com/Articles-News-i-2014-05-08-99356.112114-sub18238.112114-Selden-dog-park-advocates-ask-community-to-vote.html
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.