is competing to win a dog park!
Not the city you were looking for? Search again.
PetSafe is here to help you along! We've created a visual process for your city to follow. As you reach each milestone and upload the required information, that icon will be brought to full color. You can click through the milestones to see what is needed to activate it. We've even provided you some templates to assist you in the process. Scroll down to see what your community has already uploaded.
Here's how the contest works
Vote For your City:
What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page.
When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
What: In order to qualify to win a park, your city must find land and approve it's use for a dog park. Work with local government and landowners to find your spot!
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
What: PetSafe needs to know your community government supports your pursuit of a dog park. To complete this task, notify your civic leaders (ie: mayor, county executive, city manager, Parks and Recreation director) of the contest and encourage them to create an account to upload a letter.
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
Send this release to your local media outlets to help get media coverage.
Download Interview Talking Points?
Download these FAQs and become the contest guru when talking to the media.
What: This step is optional, but getting your pups' faces in the media can't hurt. Get in touch with your local news station and print media to rally support for the new park!
When: Spans the entire contest
What: If you're been selected as one of our 15 finalists, you'll be invited to make a .30 video ad to show the world why your city deserves to win a dog park! Watch our video for tips to help you.
When: Due June 26th by 5pm Eastern
- 08/01/2013 Well, so sorry we didn't win. But we need to keep this in the forefront at Oxford. Let's keep pushing the city to give us a nice dog park.
- Nichole Bentley 07/30/2013 I hope we win! Oxford really needs a dog park!
- Melody Rankin 07/13/2013 1. Visit www.petsafe.net to see the clue. 2. Find the product page the clue describes & a trivia question will appear. 3. Correctly answer the trivia question.
- Morrisa Williams 07/12/2013 Still don't understand the 7 Sniff out on Friday thing. What do I do once I get to the petsafe.com website?
- Melody Rankin 07/05/2013 It's Friday and you know what that means – it's time for this week's 7 Vote Sniff Out. Here's your clue: No one likes bad breath. This PetSafe treat will help your dog make a good impression at the dog park. Go log in to your Bark For Your Park account and visit http://www.petsafe.net/ to get started.
- Dale Rankin 07/05/2013 How do you sniff out votes on Friday
- Julian Swiney 07/03/2013 http://youtu.be/Z_D4p8fBH0E
- Janie Arnold 07/01/2013 Yes Stacie that would "catch us up". We need many more people voting. And we need that 1000 views of our video. Thanks for reminding everyone to vote. And everyone get out and get us new voters for everyday. And don't forget the 7 Sniff out on Fridays. That is a most important day to vote!! Woof! Woof! Go Oxford!!
- Stacie Gee 06/29/2013 We may be in 4th...but we just need 7000 votes to be in 3rd which would win us 25,000. Only 20,000 votes behind 1st to win 100,000!! Go vote! You can vote from every e-mail account you have! VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!!!!
- Natalie Warrington 06/29/2013 I am so proud how the voting for Oxford is progressing, and there are many people who are not from Oxford putting in their daily votes too! Let's all "sniff" out friends who aren't already voting and show them how easy supporting pets and Neighbors can be!!!
- Melody Rankin 06/29/2013 California is ahead by about 26,000 please try to get everyone you know to vote 2 times every day Thanks
- 06/28/2013 Hey we are #4! Lets keep up the good work. We just need to catch up with California, Texarkana, TX and West Virginia. I know we can do it!
- Janie Arnold 06/26/2013 Tony, I know the video is either submitted or released July 1st. If it gets out too soon we will be disqualified. Thanks for asking and staying tuned in!
- Amy Trujillo 06/26/2013 Sorry friends of Oxford, I can't seem to upload a picture correctly but managed one of me and my husband. Anyone know how to delete a picture? I have sent and email to tech support but if you can help sooner I'd love your help :) Good luck with the park, you have my support!
- Toney Reeves 06/25/2013 is the video up yet
- Julian Swiney 06/23/2013 there are a lot of Happy Puppies out there! 22,850 06/23/2013am
- Julian Swiney 06/22/2013 Voting will end on July 26th at 11:59:59pm, and PetSafe will announce the winners on July 31st. Tell Me Something GOOD!
- Janie Arnold 06/20/2013 The Friday Sniff Out starts at 11 am. Be sure to check the site and click on the item. We will be posting where to look when it is found.
- Julian Swiney 06/20/2013 7 VOTE SNIFF OUT IS SUPER IMPORTANT!!! It happens every Friday. Please make sure your friends and family know how to get the 7 EXTRA. votes!!!! Watch the Facebook page on Friday for help.
- Janie Arnold 06/20/2013 Yeah! Annie and Austin!! I CAN wait...I just don't want to!
- Annie Brunson 06/20/2013 The video (all 30 seconds) is almost done and ready to upload. We have so much footage we didn't use that Austin is going to do a trailer for us to use before the official movie is released by Petsafe!
- Toney Reeves 06/20/2013 when will the video be posted to youtube for the extra 1000 votes
- Janie Arnold 06/19/2013 Julian you said that is about 500 per day. We need more than that everyday. Everybody get out and find someone new to vote. Be sure to ask if they are voting. If they aren't ask if you can vote for them.
- Julian Swiney 06/18/2013 13,780 06/18/2013 10:30pm little over 500 daily
- Julian Swiney 06/18/2013 13,266 Tuesday June 18 2013
- Janie Arnold 06/17/2013 Yes, Savannah. It is being edited. It is WAY cute! Wish you and others had been there when we made it . We had a blast!
- Savannah Meek 06/17/2013 Have we made our video yet?
- Julian Swiney 06/17/2013 12,681 06/17/2013 Nice. Is anyone going to the Mall? to get Votes? Oxford Exchange?
- Janie Arnold 06/15/2013 I am glad to see everyone is anxious to get the "sniff" question on Friday's. If you missed the explanation it doesn't come out until around 12 noon EDT. We all want to get up early and getter done!!!
- Charlene Fuller-Gossett 06/14/2013 I can't see the sniff out the question for the extra points myself. Where do I look for it???
- Diana Higgins 06/14/2013 I can not find the sniff out question to earn the 7 extra votes. Has anyone been able to find it? I wonder if it is even on the site just yet. If anyone has any info..... please let me know so I may post it for everyone to see. We are all trying to find it.
- Julian Swiney 06/14/2013 7 VOTE SNIFF OUT IS SUPER IMPORTANT!!! It happens every Friday. Please make sure your friends and family know how to get the 7 EXTRA. votes!!!! Watch the Facebook page on Friday for help.
- Julian Swiney 06/13/2013 5,097 ! 6/13/2013 10:15pm very Impressive
- Julian Swiney 06/13/2013 I am so proud of you and your accomplishments OXFORD!
- Nichole Bentley 06/12/2013 MOUNTAIN HOUSE, CA is still beating us like crazy! They have over 14k votes. Come on we need to win this for our fur babies!
- 06/12/2013 Another great opportunity for Oxford! This is the city to visit in Central-East Alabama.
- Julian Swiney 06/11/2013 3,042 If we had Double! 6,084!
- Stephen Arnold 06/10/2013 We had a very good committee meeting tonight! We have some new ideas, and new people working with us. Everyone continue to vote everyday. It looks sorta like we are behind. But keep the faith and hang with us! The other cities have been in this before and had a head start. Go Oxford! Woof! Woof!
- Nichole Bentley 06/10/2013 MOUNTAIN HOUSE, CA has over 11,000 votes :( Come on Calhoun County! Vote twice daily so we can get our dog park!
- Julian Swiney 06/10/2013 2,375 Votes on 06/10/2013 WOW...................
- Julian Swiney 06/09/2013 1,854 Oxford 06/09/2013
- Camellia Cooper 06/08/2013 Can you get 10 people to vote and they invite 10 to vote and they invite 10 to vote etc, etc, etc? WOW.......
- Julian Swiney 06/08/2013 Oxford 06/08/2013 1,498 Looking Good!
- Janie Arnold 06/07/2013 Looking at some of the other cities comments I see one of them says the secret to their success is the are a very close community. I believe our community is too. We need to get the word out to them what is going on and we need their votes. Everyone can jump in and help us! We can also use a couple a hundred more people rallying for our park!!
- DeAnn Howell 06/07/2013 Go visit the "Bark for your Park Oxford, Al" Facebook page and share with your friends! It has links the voting sites and is where information about the contest can be passed along!
- Julian Swiney 06/06/2013 707 at 3:12 Just wait and see what happens When People get off work!......
- Julian Swiney 06/06/2013 500! good second day
- 06/06/2013 We have a good start. We are #2 in middle size cities.Oxford can win the $25,000. But we really want the $100,000. Everyone of us who vote must get out and tell everyone we meet and know on line to vote for Oxford.If you have to write it down on paper hand out the websites for people to vote. We will be working to get out material for you to hand out. Stay in touch with us. If you can print it please do! Make a sign There are about 6 on the team. We can certainly use any and all help! Got ideas...we are listening. HELP!
- Justin Henegar 06/06/2013 Someone go tell 500 friends to vote!
- Claudetta Morgan 06/05/2013 Please help us win this for Oxford. I live in Oxanna which is right on the Oxford city line inside Anniston. Would be great to visit with my grands and bring our pets.
- Julian Swiney 06/05/2013 WoW!.......Go Oxford Go! 45 off to a great start.
- Janie Arnold 06/05/2013 WE ARE IN!! We are ranked #2 in our category. We must win our category to get $25,000. But lets do something over the top and win $100,000. Please vote every day and ask everyone to vote also. Make some fliers hand them out wherever you go. It will take all of us to win this!!
- Diana Higgins 06/03/2013 Oxford has done an awesome job with pulling together and voting to win a dog park!! We are all so excited and waiting for results to see if in final 15. We are ready to start voting again!! We've got our fingers crossed and are ready!! 🐶
- Nichole Bentley 06/03/2013 Alright fingers crossed that Oxford makes the cut for the finals!
- Julian Swiney 06/01/2013 3,258
- Janie Arnold 05/31/2013 Terry said today on the radio that we would be really happy if we had as many as 100 people to come out for the video shoot. I will be about 3 hours long, just so you know. But we want to show that our community is behind getting this park. Please vote today...the last day! Oh, for round 1. Be ready for round 2 voting to start in June! Woof! Woof!
- Julian Swiney 05/31/2013 3,146 Votes 5/30/2013
- Janie Arnold 05/30/2013 The interview should be on TV 24 tonight at 9 pm. Please watch and let us know what you think. Don't forget the video shoot is on Sunday at 2 at the Civic Center. We have the dogs now we need people. We are asking for 30 all ages, male, female. A good mix of the "people" of Oxford who want the new dog park.
- Julian Swiney 05/30/2013 2,982 I'm Surprised! Keep up the Good Work. Those weekends at the Mall are paying off. Ya'll are doing a great Job.
- Julian Swiney 05/29/2013 Hey, I saw the Anniston Star Article on The Oxford dog park! > very excited here <
- Janie Arnold 05/29/2013 The website says the cutoff time for voting is 5pm Eastern time. Just to be clear that would be 4pm Central time. Please just go on and vote early and don't worry about being too late to vote! Thank you for your votes!
- Janie Arnold 05/29/2013 Today is Wednesday we need your votes! Tomorrow is Thursday we need your votes! Friday is the last day to vote. We need your votes in early because there is a cut off time! Let's get those votes for Oxford dog Park! Yay!!!
- Julian Swiney 05/29/2013 2,738 Wed. May 29 2013 Can Oxford Make 3,000 Votes? I say Oxford Can!
- 05/29/2013 Hi I just read the article about Bark that says all voting is done by 4pm Friday. Now is that Eastern, Western, Northern or Southern time zone. Just get up early and get it done and then we don't have to worry about the time!
- Janie Arnold 05/28/2013 Ok, friends we are "down to the wire" this week! We need every vote we can beg for. We can't miss out on at least being in the top 15 to move to the next level. Ask your neighbors and their neighbors and cousins. Thanks to all of you for voting!!
- Julian Swiney 05/28/2013 2,477 Bow, Wow ! Oxford Alabama. Looking Good. Vote For your City: What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page. When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
- Julian Swiney 05/27/2013 2,206 in Just a Few Weeks. Way to go Oxford!
- 05/26/2013 Get friends to vote! I was in Winn Dixie yesterday in the pet isle and encouraged a man who was putting dog food in his buggy to go home and vote!
- Julian Swiney 05/26/2013 2,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let those Dogs Play. Dog Day in the Park. Doggy Way. Cool Dog Days. Oxford Dog Park. Let them Doggies Run. Good Job OXFORD,ALABAMA!
- Charlene Fuller-Gossett 05/26/2013 Vote for Oxford. Looking forward to see a sign that says, "Oxford Dog Park this way ------>"
- Janie Arnold 05/25/2013 We have gone over 1800 votes! People you are SO AWESOME! TV 24 is going to air a report on our contest Tuesday. The reporter had hoped to make it to the mall today for an interview. His family committment was a lot more important...truely than this story. Please keep voting and we will give him a terrific footnote to Tuesday's story!!
- Julian Swiney 05/25/2013 1,708 May 25th 2013 You can VOTE on FACEBOOK! let your friends on FaceBook know. I see a lot of Happy Dogs in the Future. *.* ~
- Janie Arnold 05/25/2013 Julian we would love to meet you. Some of us will be at the Oxford Mall on Saturday from 2-6 trying to get the word out. Thanks for your support! Janie Everyone please vote. We need to stay in the top 15 to get into the next round. We slipped to 15 today! Our furbabies are counting on you!
- Julian Swiney 05/24/2013 1448 Friday May 24 2013 Can we get to 2000 This Weekend? I say YES! Come on Oxford Community. Lets Vote
- Julian Swiney 05/23/2013 OXFORD, ALABAMA! LETS VOTE
- Janie Arnold 05/22/2013 We have over 1100 votes! I am so excited! My babies will be so happy to go to our park and meet new friends!! Thanks for all your votes. Please keep voting twice a day till May 31st. We CAN have our park!
- Nichole Bentley 05/21/2013 Mountain House, CA has over 8,000 votes now! Don't forget to vote daily!!
- Morrisa Williams 05/21/2013 Lets go Calhound County! Please get behond this idea. You know you and your fur babies would love it!!!
- Janie Arnold 05/18/2013 As you can see from Nichole's post we need many more votes. Please vote for Oxford, AL. We are right on I-20 between Atlanta and Birmingham. Anyone traveling in our area will be able to stop and have a safe place for your "fur babies" to get out and relax during their ride. Our citizens in this area can meet and let their babies "hang out" and the parents visit and make new friends. We need everyone from everywhere to vote for Oxford, AL to win BARK FOR YOUR PARK!! Thanks for every vote every day!
- Nichole Bentley 05/16/2013 Mountain House, CA already has 4888 votes and Texarkana, TX has 2478. Come on Oxford! You can vote twice a day!
- Julian Swiney 05/13/2013 come on Oxford!
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.