Oro Valley, AZ
is competing to win a dog park!
Not the city you were looking for? Search again.
PetSafe is here to help you along! We've created a visual process for your city to follow. As you reach each milestone and upload the required information, that icon will be brought to full color. You can click through the milestones to see what is needed to activate it. We've even provided you some templates to assist you in the process. Scroll down to see what your community has already uploaded.
Here's how the contest works
Vote For your City:
What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page.
When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
What: In order to qualify to win a park, your city must find land and approve it's use for a dog park. Work with local government and landowners to find your spot!
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
What: PetSafe needs to know your community government supports your pursuit of a dog park. To complete this task, notify your civic leaders (ie: mayor, county executive, city manager, Parks and Recreation director) of the contest and encourage them to create an account to upload a letter.
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
Send this release to your local media outlets to help get media coverage.
Download Interview Talking Points?
Download these FAQs and become the contest guru when talking to the media.
What: This step is optional, but getting your pups' faces in the media can't hurt. Get in touch with your local news station and print media to rally support for the new park!
When: Spans the entire contest
What: If you're been selected as one of our 15 finalists, you'll be invited to make a .30 video ad to show the world why your city deserves to win a dog park! Watch our video for tips to help you.
When: Due June 26th by 5pm Eastern
- Christina Turley 06/09/2013 Hey Oro Valley! I'm from Safford, Az and this yr we made it into the finals for the Bark For Your Park. We really need votes just to win the runner-up grant money of $25,000. If you were voting for Oro Valley would you please vote for Safford through the finals. If we win and Oro Valley tries again next year GVDL will get Safford on board to help you with votes too! Thank you! We post the links daily & the links for the extra 7 day sniff on the GVDL facebook page. Please help us out! - https://www.facebook.com/GilaValleyDogLovers
- Susan Sommer 05/28/2013 I hope very much that the city of Oro Valley approves this new park, especially with the separation of large and small dogs. Many of us would welcome this addition to OV. Sue Sommer
- Nancy Ellis 05/20/2013 The letter communicating that the Town will use the land at CDO Riverfront Park for the dog park has been posted in the Land Specs uploaded file. Thanks!
- julie lotzer 05/13/2013 Oro Valley please send communication that OV will use the land for a dog park. According to Natalie PetSafe (see above) more firm communication is needed.
- Natalie PetSafe 05/10/2013 Hi Oro Valley, thanks for participating in Bark For Your Park. While reviewing your documents, we noticed you uploaded a land deed under land verification. We need more firm communication that your town will use the land for a dog park should you win the contest. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Good luck!
- Nancy Ellis 05/09/2013 The Town of Oro Valley proposes to build a dog park at CDO Riverfront Park. The proposed park will be located in a currently vacant area between the southern end of the walking path and the CDO Wash. If fully funded, the fenced dog park will be approximately 1 acre in size, with separate areas for large and small dogs, grass, irrigation, sidewalks, benches, trash cans, and shade for patrons.
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.