is competing to win a dog park!
Not the city you were looking for? Search again.
PetSafe is here to help you along! We've created a visual process for your city to follow. As you reach each milestone and upload the required information, that icon will be brought to full color. You can click through the milestones to see what is needed to activate it. We've even provided you some templates to assist you in the process. Scroll down to see what your community has already uploaded.
Here's how the contest works
Vote For your City:
What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page.
When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
What: In order to qualify to win a park, your city must find land and approve it's use for a dog park. Work with local government and landowners to find your spot!
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
What: PetSafe needs to know your community government supports your pursuit of a dog park. To complete this task, notify your civic leaders (ie: mayor, county executive, city manager, Parks and Recreation director) of the contest and encourage them to create an account to upload a letter.
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
Send this release to your local media outlets to help get media coverage.
Download Interview Talking Points?
Download these FAQs and become the contest guru when talking to the media.
What: This step is optional, but getting your pups' faces in the media can't hurt. Get in touch with your local news station and print media to rally support for the new park!
When: Spans the entire contest
What: If you're been selected as one of our 15 finalists, you'll be invited to make a .30 video ad to show the world why your city deserves to win a dog park! Watch our video for tips to help you.
When: Due June 26th by 5pm Eastern
- Kai's Page 07/12/2013 Click on the Bark for your Park at the top of the page to see how everyone ranks.... then click on type of city to see how we rank in our group...
- Veronica Trujillo 07/11/2013 How can we see the list to see what rank we are???
- Christina Turley 07/05/2013 We can do this! Need help on Fridays or need reminders don't forget to visit us at Gila Valley Dog Lovers on facebook.
- 07/04/2013 GO SAFFORD!!!:) Not only have we scored our 1000 points we have moved into 8th place by 127 points. TIME TO KICK BUT!
- Jo Heil 06/30/2013 No chatter, urging people to get the vote out. Have you all given up? We should be out pushing for votes. where are the event plans. Nothing in life worth having comes easy. You have to fight for what you want. Look at the leader. Small town but they have heart and determination. same as the smallest finalist. They have not given up why have you? Jo heil
- Evelyn Hallford 06/14/2013 Keep the faith!
- 06/11/2013 If you vote for Bark For Your Park from your phone and have previously gotten the error message when trying to vote from facebook please read. We fixed it!! **Important Update for Phone voters** You can now get in your TWO votes a day because we found a fix for the facebook ERROR. Please follow the links before to vote on facebook OR you can search "Bark For Your Park" on the facebook app and get to it that way. (see screen shot). We would LOVE for you to get your 2nd vote in each day so we can catch up! * Also remember to get your votes in before 9pm or they count for the next day. The contest is on Eastern time so it puts us at a disadvantage but lets not let that keep us down!! LINKS: Vote on website: http://www.petsafe.net/barkforyourpark/city/680/safford-az/ Vote on facebook (yes sorry its an ugly link but it works!) - http://www.petsafe.net/barkforyourpark/fb/?ref=search&code=AQBeFe3mgEWHVmeI8Drr9U8_dLaJcK8tv4xksX8jeW2x7h8tBkB0f0BvZuifohqtNhqztfB8QwsOuVrBVUI2SFdICYv33ZPngNRId-Ah9V75rRXwqbxOPdh9aAu-y3DkZznj1BDkM6yEKYEQG3HT8_Gi1Q0QscNFBvGYYfJjZQdhdzj18m51e1mhQY2Pa-4ECZYt1McbjP7TXMdhT52tPBhPHcNnxPT3NwMRgFgrv7Uvat0tiPuAMzU7g1_-WZ6pQF18NrATL41tMC_4nKP8TzXKWs-ZIACssFplRhhv3o5S81gJELK7FgQAEGM0eAlOjS8p4Q5BtXcBhy0kXJv0BKQz&fb_source=search#_=_
- Jo Heil 06/10/2013 Good evening Safford! Keep voting. There is an old saying--when the going gets tough the tough get going. You new when you entered this contest it would be an up hill battle do to your city size but you never gave up and ended up in the final 15 currently in 8th place. Put your blinders on and focus on the finish line. Last year I thought Lynchberg VA had it in the bag but mother nature prevented it. Just goes to show you nothing is a sure thing. If you do not like the saying about the tough get going think about the tortise and the hare. The turtle was slow but persistent and won due to the over confidence of the rabbit. Reach out to other cities in your area. People will help is asked. Let get those votes so your dogs can have a place to socialize, children can get away from those computers and get some exercise and fresh air, where the old folks can visit, you can get to know your neighbors. I could go on and on but I think you get the idea. So what is it going to be, quit or get voting Jo Heil Dale city va
- Clifford Turley 06/08/2013 Don't give up everyone, keep voting!
- Alyssa Chavez 06/07/2013 I'm so excited we're a finalist!
- Anne Casey 06/07/2013 Don't forget -- on Fridays, you can get 7 extra votes per person by answering a simple question on the PetSafe site after you log in! For this week's, go to http://store.petsafe.net/elite-pendant-remote-trainer We're doing great, Safford!!!
- Jo Heil 06/07/2013 Just a suggestion. Check out last contest videos on you tube for ideas. We need this to go viral so we can get those extra 1000 votes.
- 06/07/2013 Good morning Safford! Congrats on making it to the finals. Still voting for you. You may be small but you can do it. Click on large city and you will see by the vote count you as a small city are in the lead. I live in Virginia so I can not Drive through Arizona with voting info on my car but i can spread the work up here. Any local radio stations willing to interview,tv stations or news papers? I know Safford can win, it just will take a lot of work. Voting for Safford Jo Heil Dale City VA
- 06/07/2013 sorry would have helped if I remembered the link to sign up for the daily reminders www.gvdl.org
- Amilia Aparicio 06/07/2013 Hey everyone! Gila Valley Dog Lovers now has a way to sign up for email reminders each morning to vote! Please tell your friends and family about it so they are sure to vote each day 2 times!! Lets win this!!
- Christina Turley 06/05/2013 Thank you Carrie! Oro Valley had a lot of votes! We would love the support of Oro Valley!
- CARRIE SHOCKLEY 06/05/2013 Our Oro Valley didn't make the cut, so I will start voting Safford and tell my friends and family to support your town! Carrie Shockley
- Christina Turley 06/05/2013 WE MADE IT!!!
- 06/02/2013 Just an idea. View bark for your park vidio on You Tube 2012.
- 05/31/2013 Evening folks! Glad I voted this am. What a big push for votes-3007--WOW!. If we make the cut--I think we will--we can earn a 1000 votes for every view of the video to be submitted. I think we can view it over and over so if every one just view as many times as possible we could rake in some votes. Jo Heil
- Christina Turley 05/31/2013 3007 votes! We did so good everyone! Keep your fingers crossed for June 5th!
- Kevin Schulz 05/31/2013 Hope we win!
- Clifford Turley 05/29/2013 $100,000 could make a AWESOME Dog Park! Even the runner-up money fo $25,000 would make a nice park here in Safford!
- Lori Gomez 05/29/2013 Come on Safford my dog wants to go to the park!
- Krista Johnson 05/29/2013 Hey Jo Heil, Thanks for helping Safford! We really want to get a dog park here!
- Fiona Mayne 05/29/2013 Good luck Safford!
- 05/28/2013 We are doing great, but need more votes! Please, share with your family, friends, neighbors, and strangers! If there are several people in your family, have each one vote with their email accounts. Vote Vote, Vote, we've come to far to not win!
- 05/27/2013 Sorry for my error. Oro Valley has posted the requierd info. I have been trying to put this post up for over 15 minutes but i get the message I must wait 5 minutes before posting. Jo Heil
- Jo Heil 05/27/2013 What are the chances Oro Valley would vote for your park. They have not posted their necessary information yet. They currently have over 700 votes. Any body know any one on oro valley? Jo Heil
- Jo Heil 05/27/2013 Good morning Safford! 3rd time trying to post. Just a couple of ideas which you already may be using. Contact the rescue groups in your area. It is to their advantage to have a park to use. Socialize,train etc. Put signs on your vehicles Have a artist rendition of what your park will look like posted on this site and all over town and at the park. Jo Heil, Dale City VA
- Christina Turley 05/26/2013 Keep voting everyone! We are seriously close to having enough votes to make finals AND we have all our land verification, civic support and media!
- 05/25/2013 This is so exciting! I hope we win, but either way, it's great to see how many people support getting a dog park here in Safford. My pup would be ecstatic to have some playtime with other dogs!
- 05/25/2013 Good morning Safford! I have been voting for you everyday. I checked on some of the competition and thought you would like to know that Texarcana AR will not be competing and have asked their supporters to support the Texas side of Texarcana but the Texas sidee has not submitted their documents. Lynchberg VA will most likely not be competing. The group that spear headed organized it last year will not be doing so this year. Jo Heil
- Christina Turley 05/25/2013 Thank you to Mayor Gibbs for showing his support for the contest. He has also been voting everyday :)
- Kai's Page 05/24/2013 It is so nice to be a part of something so wonderful for our community and for our furries!! I am proud to be a part of this community and impressed by how everyone is pulling together to make this a reality!! We couldn't do it without you!!!
- belinda maldonado 05/23/2013 I have been voting everyday!! My doggies and Myself would love a dog park!!
- Christina Turley 05/20/2013 Set up a booth at the family festival on main st this weekend to get more votes. We handed out over 200 flyers for bark for your park :)
- Susie Lopez 05/18/2013 I Love Safford! I love dogs! I love dog parks! Woot
- Christina Turley 05/17/2013 Ya, I'm very happy that our board of supervisors and our county parks manager came through for us to get us the land specs and civic support letters. The Chamber also wrote a support letter for the park. It feels great to know they are supporting getting the park here 100% we just need some money! lol
- 05/17/2013 Good morning! I have been voting every day on both the web page and face book. I decided to check out the competition and found sights with a good size voting population but have failed to submit all the required documents. ie Lynchfield VA. over a 1000 votes but have not submitted their land specs. They have till the 31st. I am curious as to which population category Safford falls into. Guess we will have to wait and see. Jo Heil
- Lucasta Grant 05/16/2013 Ive been voting everyday! Safford needs more things to do so this doggy park would really help...come on everyone show ur support and vote let's get this out there!
- 05/15/2013 Come on every one vote. You have a chance. There are 3 catagories based on population size. there are 5 finalists in each of the 3 catagories. So you may not be in the top 15 but for your population size you could be a finalist. Just depends on which of the 3 catagory you fall into. Jo Heil
- Jo Heil 05/13/2013 Just a suggestion for getting votes. Use your laptop,tablet etc to get people to vote on the streets, parks, pet stores etc. They can sign into pet safe and vote. Also at your functions have them available. Any rest stops for tourists. free lemonade with vote. Jo Heil
- Natalie PetSafe 05/13/2013 Hi Safford, thanks for participating in Bark For Your Park. While reviewing your documents, we noticed you uploaded two files under land verification. One was an aerial photo and the other we were unable to open. We need more firm communication about the home of your future park should your town win the contest. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Good luck!
- Christina Turley 05/13/2013 Thanks Jo Heil! We can use your vote :) Please share for us too!
- Jo Heil 05/12/2013 I have been voting for Kingman but so far no one has posted or uploaded. I plan on moving to AZ in 3 years. Currently we reside in VA. So I thought I would vote for one of the cities trying to get a dog park. I have found out one thing so far that may help you to vote and post. I cannot post using bing or google I found out I have to use chrome. Just a reminder you vote 2x once on the web and once on face book. Jo Heil
- Christina Turley 05/10/2013 Hey Everyone! We really want to win this and need as many votes as we can get! Please share with your friends and family (even if they don't have pets) and ask them to vote to get this park.
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.