is competing to win a dog park!
Not the city you were looking for? Search again.
PetSafe is here to help you along! We've created a visual process for your city to follow. As you reach each milestone and upload the required information, that icon will be brought to full color. You can click through the milestones to see what is needed to activate it. We've even provided you some templates to assist you in the process. Scroll down to see what your community has already uploaded.
Here's how the contest works
Vote For your City:
What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page.
When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
What: In order to qualify to win a park, your city must find land and approve it's use for a dog park. Work with local government and landowners to find your spot!
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
What: PetSafe needs to know your community government supports your pursuit of a dog park. To complete this task, notify your civic leaders (ie: mayor, county executive, city manager, Parks and Recreation director) of the contest and encourage them to create an account to upload a letter.
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
Send this release to your local media outlets to help get media coverage.
Download Interview Talking Points?
Download these FAQs and become the contest guru when talking to the media.
What: This step is optional, but getting your pups' faces in the media can't hurt. Get in touch with your local news station and print media to rally support for the new park!
When: Spans the entire contest
What: If you're been selected as one of our 15 finalists, you'll be invited to upload a video showing us your community's support! Watch last year's winning video as inspiration.
When: Due June 26th by 5pm Eastern
- 05/18/2013 See current stats from 5/17/13 at 10pm below. I think KTHV made a mistake. Bryant has 812. The news release came out of TN, so it was probably intended for Brighton,TN. Please keep voting though! See daily updates on the Humane Society of Faulkner County's FB page. #1 Mountain House, CA 6,598 #2 Texarkana, TX 2,833 #3 Auburn, NY 2,733 #4 CONWAY, ARKANSAS!!! 2,523 #5 East Hartford, CT 2,129 #6 Brighton, TN 2,109 #7 Pontiac, IL 1,933 #8 New Braunfels, TX 1,702 #9 Sulphur Springs, TX 1,217 #10 Lynchburg, VA 1,208
- Ellen Siler 05/17/2013 Hey, Conway dog lovers---KTHV is reporting that Bryant, AR is a front runner in the contest! Let's get more votes!!!
- rhonda overbey 05/16/2013 Conway is the perfect animal-loving community for the PetSafe dog park!
- Sheila Epley 05/14/2013 My Sandi would love a dog park, what do we need to do to make this happen?
- Carole Adams 05/13/2013 Please vote! Conway really needs this! We live in a great apartment community, but our Piper really needs somewhere that she can run!
- Laura Wimberly 05/13/2013 Conway NEEDS this!! Come on, Conway! Show your support!
- Dawnmarie Williams 05/10/2013 Conway, Ar needs this dog park...
- Brittany Gerke 05/09/2013 We have a fenced in yard, but Harvey LOVES to play with other pups! (And we love when she runs out all her energy with other dogs instead of chasing her kitty sister!) It would be SO awesome not to have to take her all the way to Little Rock to get some puppy play time in!
- Ellen Siler 05/06/2013 We live in downtown but don't have a fenced yard. We would LOVE to have a dog park in Conway so our dog "Cheeto" could just run and romp OFF his leash!He gets sad when he sees kitty cats out playing without a leash on.
- Debby Martin 05/06/2013 Chloe wants a dog park!
- Brian Kingston 05/02/2013 So what is our first step now
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.