By Natalie Lester, Brand Communication Specialist
If you are anything like me or the rest of the cyber-shoppers combing the internet for the best deal, you may have turned to Pinterest for many gift ideas. You can find everything from the perfect $10 Secret Santa gift for a holiday party to the expensive espresso maker your significant other has been fawning over since it was released.
However, I have not seen any pet gift ideas on the site. My guess is the adorable pet pictures and funnies push any product suggestions downstream (which is really totally fine with me – bring on the cute puppy pictures!). Anyway, for all of you out there looking for the perfect gifts for your pets and pet owners on your list, I’ve made my own.
Here are five things your pet will be looking for under the tree.
1. Fashionable finds: Sometimes I really think some dogs’ closets rival my own. I’m positive this is true for Bao, a tiny yorkie that works in legal. Whether she is sporting her pink, polka dot rain coat in the spring, her cozy sweater in the winter, or the latest glittery gown at a fancy affair, she always looks top notch. I’m sure there will be a few outfits under the tree for her.
2. Healthy habits: It is hard for everyone to think about making good nutritional choices around the holidays, especially with the sweets floating around all the holiday parties. However, you can let your dog set the example by offering him healthier options for treats and keeping him hydrated this year.
3. Cozy quarters: We all love to snuggle up on the couch to catch our favorite Christmas movie. Emma will never let me snuggle on the couch by myself, so we keep lots of fuzzy blankets around the house. However, Emma also loves her Heated Wellness Sleeper on especially cold nights. Right now, we are offering holiday pricing on the sleepers! They are up to 50% off the original prices.
4. Seasons tiding: You know all those handmade ornaments with pictures of your family you pulled out to hang on the tree? Did you pet look at you with those sweet, big eyes as if you heard him say, “What about me? Where is my Christmas decoration?” He is a family member, after all. Doesn’t he deserve a spot in the season like everyone else? Wrap up a special decoration or stocking just for him.
5. Parent-proven playtime: There is nothing my puppy loves more than a new toy or game to play. I’m guessing that’s all she is hoping for under the tree (so that is just what Santa Paws is going to bring her). I’m almost positive her favorite part won’t be the toys in the boxes but the boxes themselves.
What are you getting your pets for Christmas? What have been the best gifts you’ve given them in the past?
As the PetSafe Brand Communications Specialist, Natalie manages the PetSafe brand across multiple social and content sites, including The Paw Print blog, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. She also generates other brand related content including product information for retailers, video scripts, and public relations. Before PetSafe, Natalie worked in the local media covering politics, education, and religion. Natalie’s puppy, Emma, spends almost as much time in the office as she does.