April is Customer Loyalty Month, and we are confident PetSafe customers are the best in the business! We are very proud of our Customer Care Center that works very hard to answer any questions users face.
In honor of the month, we asked what questions our specialists hear most and included the answers in case our readers ever face the same issue.
1. Why doesn’t my collar work? There are various reasons your collar may not be working, including a malfunction of the collar or a battery outage. If you have a containment system, the transmitter may be failing to send a signal or your wire may be nicked or broken. The best way to determine which could be the issue is by performing the Loop Test and the Systems Test.
2. Can I make a rectangle with the wireless signal? No. Our wireless transmitters set only circular boundaries. Additionally, you cannot make a rectangle with an in-ground containment system either, because when the wire makes a 90 degree turn, it cancels the signal.
3. Where can I buy batteries? Batteries may be purchased at any local pet store (PetSmart, PetCo, Pet Supplies Plus), Radio shack, Wal-Mart, PetSafe, or through our Customer Care.
4. Will a wired receiver collar work on a wireless system? Unfortunately, a wired receiver will not work with a wireless system nor will a wireless receiver collar work with a wired system. The good news is each system comes with one collar and additional receivers are available for purchase wherever you buy your system.
5. How do I twist the wire to cancel the signal? With two 20 gauge wires, you should twist the wires 10 to 12 times per foot to cancel the signal. For thicker wires, it will take less twists.
We hope this answers help you, and – of course – if you need further help, call our Customer Care Center at 1-866-738-4379. Any of our specialists will be more than happy to help you – and would I! If you feel more comfortable posting your product question here, feel free.
What can we help you with?
ABOUT NATALIE As the PetSafe Brand Marketing Specialist, Natalie manages The Paw Print blog and generates other brand related content including public relations and promotions. Before PetSafe, Natalie worked in the local media covering politics, education, and religion. Natalie’s puppy, Emma, spends almost as much time in the office as she does.