By Sarah Folmar, Brand Communications Specialist
Having children is a great experience. An exhausting experience, but definitely a good one. Being a parent and a pet parent can be difficult to manage, but when you love your pets they are still a priority once you start a family. Normally I like to write about being a mom and managing a baby with two dogs, but I thought I’d go a different route this month in celebration of Father’s Day! Here are some great products to make life just a little easier on Dad.
1) Drinkwell® Everflow Indoor/Outdoor Fountain This is a great product if you have a big dog that drinks a lot of water. It has a 1.5 gallon capacity so it is convenient for indoor use, or you can hook it up to a garden hose for easy refills outside. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhnQqagz3v8
2) Passport® Pet Door If you want to make letting the dog out easier, this is a great way to do it! You can program up to 20 pets, which means programming the time each pet can have access in and out of the door.
3) Stay + Play Wireless Fence® This is one of my personal favorites. Setting this system up is very easy to do, and after the initial training period your dog can have his own space without a physical fence having to be present. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l98vQDCA8yo
4) Elite Big Dog Static Remote Trainer What’s better for Dad than a nice walk with the dog so he can get out of the house for a bit? How about a walk without a leash! We love to walk our dog while he is wearing this remote trainer collar, and we especially love to use it when we take him to the dog park. I’ve usually got the baby in the stroller, and my husband can communicate to our dog with the tone function. It’s so nice to just push a button and know that our dog knows we are calling him.
5) Busy Buddy® Squirrel Dude™ This low-maintenance toy is great for the strong chewers out there. It’s fun to watch your dog try to get the treats out of the toy that you placed in it, and it’s easy to clean when he’s done. We usually bring this toy to any place we bring the dogs, since we know they won’t chew it up and scatter the pieces all over the car. To all of the dads out there, thank you for what you do!