is competing to win a dog park!
Not the city you were looking for? Search again.
PetSafe is here to help you along! We've created a visual process for your city to follow. As you reach each milestone and upload the required information, that icon will be brought to full color. You can click through the milestones to see what is needed to activate it. We've even provided you some templates to assist you in the process. Scroll down to see what your community has already uploaded.
Here's how the contest works
Vote For your City:
What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page.
When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
What: In order to qualify to win a park, your city must find land and approve it's use for a dog park. Work with local government and landowners to find your spot!
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
What: PetSafe needs to know your community government supports your pursuit of a dog park. To complete this task, notify your civic leaders (ie: mayor, county executive, city manager, Parks and Recreation director) of the contest and encourage them to create an account to upload a letter.
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
Send this release to your local media outlets to help get media coverage.
Download Interview Talking Points?
Download these FAQs and become the contest guru when talking to the media.
What: This step is optional, but getting your pups' faces in the media can't hurt. Get in touch with your local news station and print media to rally support for the new park!
When: Spans the entire contest
What: If you're been selected as one of our 15 finalists, you'll be invited to make a .30 video ad to show the world why your city deserves to win a dog park! Watch our video for tips to help you.
When: Due June 26th by 5pm Eastern
- Natalie PetSafe 05/31/2013 Hi Berlin, thanks for participating in Bark For Your Park. While reviewing your documents, we noticed you uploaded a letter under land verification. We need a firm land commitment from your town about the home of your future park should your town win the contest. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Good luck!
- Michelle Ball 05/22/2013 Berlin, Nh made the Berlin Reporter today about the Dog Park and Contest. Way to go!!! We have been in every local paper in the area. Vote Berlin, Nh they need this Dog Park Really bad.
- 05/20/2013 We had a great walk today and even add to the pack. All the dogs were so happy to see each other.. like best friend. Imagine if we had a Dog Park how great it would be. Letting the dogs off leash so they could run and play like best friends. Dogs are not allowed to go to public parks in Berlin, NH. Really need a park for our pets. Check us out on Facebook Dog Park in Berlin NH
- Michelle Ball 05/20/2013 We are doing a Walk for your Park today at 6:30 hope to see you all there. The support and commitment has been over the top!!! Way to go Berlin, NH
- 05/20/2013 Civic leaders = Governing body of the city; people in the community that are committed and engage w/ others to identify, collaborate and solve community issues.
- Laura Jamison 05/19/2013 Define Civic Leaders?
- Kathleen Anderson 05/18/2013 Over 1000 votes and more every day. Berlin really wants this. Love it.Our Civic leaders are behind this project and the land being donated is to be announced soon.
- Michelle Ball 05/16/2013 I can't believe how much our community has come together!! Berlin, NH really wants a Dog Park!!! Just a Great feeling to see a small City pull together!!! Vote Berlin, NH
- 05/16/2013 What is our land availability and civic leader support?
- 05/15/2013 Do we own land - where is it located
- Michelle Ball 05/13/2013 We are using everything we got to advertise in Berlin, NH. Our local paper is helping and posters are all over our Main St and surrounding towns. Berlin, Nh really needs a Dog Park!!! We have nothing here for out pets. Vote for Berlin, NH!!!
- Berlin FarmersMarket 05/13/2013 Great job getting the message out~ how can we get people who dont use computers everyday to be able to vote?
- Crystal Grondin 05/11/2013 I really hope that Berlin NH wins this! We really need a dog park up here! I vote 2x/daily-once here and once on the petsafe facebook page.
- Michelle Ball 05/11/2013 We are using all we got in the North Country to get the word out. Small City that has a Big Bite. Berlin, NH really needs a Dog Park!!!!
- Kathleen Anderson 05/10/2013 Berlin, NH is the perfect place for a dog park. We have many dog lovers/owners in this area and not many places that dogs are allowed. We want to change that! Many people are in support of this idea and our numbers are growing every day.
- Lucie Wyatt 05/09/2013 We in Berlin NH would love a dog park. It is a great idea and I'm grateful for all those who are working hard (and voting) to try to make this happen!
- Kathleen Anderson 05/09/2013 I hope that Berlin wins this. It would really show how much it means to the community to have a safe and fun place to bring our canine kids to play.
- Nathan Morin 05/08/2013 I just voted again! Make sure you vote here and on facebook!
- Jacqueline Morin 05/08/2013 We care about our commmunity and this includes our animals. We are such in need of a dog park,there is none. Keeping my fingers crossed that we win!
- Michelle Ball 05/06/2013 Make sure every one put there pic in the right place and we should now about the land soon.Keep on VOTING we got this. Support is screaming WIN!!!
- Natalie PetSafe 05/06/2013 Hi Berlin, thanks for participating in Bark For Your Park. While reviewing your documents, we noticed you uploaded two pictures in place of land verification. While they are adorable, we need more firm communication about the future home of your dog park should you win the contest. If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!
- Nathan Morin 05/06/2013 Yes! Yes! Yes! A dog park is a desperate need in Berlin, NH. There are not a lot of options. I think this would be awesome! Go Berlin!!
- 05/05/2013 I would love to see Berlin get a dog park where I can bring my pugs to play, run and socialize with other dogs. We have a lot of dog owners in the area and I think it would be welcomed and appreciated addition to this community. Go Berlin!!
- Michelle Ball 05/04/2013 Berlin,NH is a small town but the support is pouring in!!! Facebook page Dog Park in Berlin NH is growing every day!! Let's go Berlin NH we can WIN this !!!
- MONICA POULIN 05/03/2013 my husband and i travel all the way to north conway every saturday...just for their dog park. if there were one in berlin i would be so happy! they do have an amazing dog park there and i hope this one could be like that if not better ☺ fingers crossed!!
- Michelle Ball 05/03/2013 Today we made the Berlin Daily Sun on entering the PetSafe contest. Berlin, NH needs this Dog Park so bad. Getting the word to vote for Berlin NH.
- Anna Fowler 05/02/2013 I know I feel alienated that I can't take my pup anywhere in town. This is just something that needs some push to do, but its so worth it!
- Michelle Ball 05/01/2013 Berlin,NH really need this Dog Park. I've been working on this for months now and almost their. There is nothing in our city for ours dog and this would be a GREAT start. PLEASE VOTE FOR BERLIN NH !!!
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.