is competing to win a dog park!
Not the city you were looking for? Search again.
PetSafe is here to help you along! We've created a visual process for your city to follow. As you reach each milestone and upload the required information, that icon will be brought to full color. You can click through the milestones to see what is needed to activate it. We've even provided you some templates to assist you in the process. Scroll down to see what your community has already uploaded.
Here's how the contest works
Vote For your City:
What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page.
When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
What: In order to qualify to win a park, your city must find land and approve it's use for a dog park. Work with local government and landowners to find your spot!
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
What: PetSafe needs to know your community government supports your pursuit of a dog park. To complete this task, notify your civic leaders (ie: mayor, county executive, city manager, Parks and Recreation director) of the contest and encourage them to create an account to upload a letter.
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
Send this release to your local media outlets to help get media coverage.
Download Interview Talking Points?
Download these FAQs and become the contest guru when talking to the media.
What: This step is optional, but getting your pups' faces in the media can't hurt. Get in touch with your local news station and print media to rally support for the new park!
When: Spans the entire contest
What: If you're been selected as one of our 15 finalists, you'll be invited to make a .30 video ad to show the world why your city deserves to win a dog park! Watch our video for tips to help you.
When: Due June 26th by 5pm Eastern
- Kim Rose 05/22/2013 Thank you for your votes- please come back tomorrow and help us reach the finals!
- Nancy G 05/21/2013 Time is ticking. Only 10 days left. Let's keep the votes coming in!
- Kim Rose 05/11/2013 Don't forget to vote everyday for us!
- Dana Skawinski 05/08/2013 A nice dog park would be a wonderful addition to our community. Vote for Milford!
- Kim Rose 05/07/2013 All of our paperwork has been submitted, all you need to do is come back and vote (twice) each day to help us reach the finals! Thank you.
- Nancy G 05/07/2013 Devon is in need of an open area for dogs to mingle, learn and play. Another positive would be the available space for educational sessions for dog owners.
- Kim Rose 05/07/2013 I have uploaded the community support letter it is under Land Specs, I have emailed the help email for PetSafe.
- joan rousseau 05/06/2013 We need somewhere for our furry friends can run and play and have a safe social life!!!
- Jane Doyle 05/02/2013 We thank you, and your dogs will thank you. Please vote for Milford, CT
- Kim Rose 05/02/2013 Thank you for your votes please come back tomorrow and vote again and check the link above you can vote everyday again on their Facebook Page! Let's make it to the finals!! !
- Maureen Dalton 05/02/2013 Voting for Milford Ct. which really needs a safe place for pets to play
- Kim Rose 05/02/2013 Please spread the word and vote on the Facebook Page too- vote everyday!
- Kim Rose 05/01/2013 I voted for Milford CT because we NEED a nice off leash dog park!
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.