Barnstable Town, MA
is competing to win a dog park!
Not the city you were looking for? Search again.
PetSafe is here to help you along! We've created a visual process for your city to follow. As you reach each milestone and upload the required information, that icon will be brought to full color. You can click through the milestones to see what is needed to activate it. We've even provided you some templates to assist you in the process. Scroll down to see what your community has already uploaded.
Here's how the contest works
Vote For your City:
What: Get friends, family members, community leaders, and everyone in your city to visit us online and vote for a dog park. Remember, your may vote twice a day; once here and once on our facebook page.
When: Stage 1 – May 1 to May 31 before 5pm Eastern. Stage 2 – June 5 to July 26 before midnight.
What: In order to qualify to win a park, your city must find land and approve it's use for a dog park. Work with local government and landowners to find your spot!
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
What: PetSafe needs to know your community government supports your pursuit of a dog park. To complete this task, notify your civic leaders (ie: mayor, county executive, city manager, Parks and Recreation director) of the contest and encourage them to create an account to upload a letter.
When: Ends May 31st at 5pm Eastern
Send this release to your local media outlets to help get media coverage.
Download Interview Talking Points?
Download these FAQs and become the contest guru when talking to the media.
What: This step is optional, but getting your pups' faces in the media can't hurt. Get in touch with your local news station and print media to rally support for the new park!
When: Spans the entire contest
What: If you're been selected as one of our 15 finalists, you'll be invited to make a .30 video ad to show the world why your city deserves to win a dog park! Watch our video for tips to help you.
When: Due June 26th by 5pm Eastern
- Barbara Chester 05/31/2013 It is the last day to vote. We gave it our best - let's hope we're in the running!
- Barbara Chester 05/17/2013 Thanks to all who vote every day and spread the word. We can do this!!
- Barbara Chester 05/13/2013 Marty - Yes, it is town property but the Committee for Barnstable Dog Parks is solely responsible for raising the funds, building and maintaining the park.
- Marty Mernitz 05/12/2013 does the town own the land already
- Barbara Chester 05/12/2013 David, The dog park will be located at the entrance to Hathaway's Pond on Phinneys Lane. We have the support of the Town Manager, Rec Comm, and Town Councilors. Keep voting and spread the word!
- David Mernitz 05/11/2013 Barbara, Where is land for park located, has it already been donated
- margaret campbell 05/02/2013 We're thrilled to be competing for this fantastic award. Go Barnstable!
- 05/02/2013 First, I want to thank "PetSafe" for affording us this opportunity to compete. The Cape Cod Town of Barnstable is a large town encompassing 7 villages - yet we do not have a dog park. Something which our dogs very much need so they may run free, play and socialize but most of all do it safely! Please vote for us!
- Barbara Chester 05/01/2013 This is our first year entering and we're looking for as much community support as we can. We've been an established 501C3 for two years and are serious about this project. We've been actively fundraising but need this boost from PetSafe to make the park a reality. And who doesn't love Cape Cod! Vote for us!
- PetSafeBrand 04/23/2013 Welcome to your City's discussion board. Use the form below to add to the conversation.