Custom configuration for any of your yard’s unique needs (driveways, gardens, tool sheds, etc.)Shop In-Ground Fences
Four easy reasons to love in-ground fences
- Fits Your Yard Perfectly. Customize boundaries around driveways, pools, gardens, and more.
- Ample Yard Coverage: 10-25 Acres. Add extra transmitters for properties over 25 acres.
- Less $$$, Less Fuss. Thousands of dollars cheaper than a traditional fence.
- No visible changes to your yard. No ugly fence ruining the view.
Looking for a more portable option? Click here to compare in-ground and wireless fences.Shop Now
Great flexibility with an easy do-it-yourself setup
You'll set your pet's boundaries by burying wires in your yard. The transmitter sends radio signals to the receiver collar your pet wears. You'll teach your pet to listen for a warning tone as he nears the boundaries. If your pet tries to leave the yard, he will receive a safe but surprising static correction from the collar, reminding him to stay in the yard.
- Keep your pet safely in your yard
- Prevent digging under and jumping over
- Customize your pet's boundaries
View sample yard layouts to help you plan your pet's boundaries
The Single Loop or Perimeter Loop is the most common layout. You'll use one continuous wire to cover your entire yard. You can also use the Single Loop Layout to keep your dog out of gardens, pools, or landscaping.
The Double Loop Layout lets you create a boundary for part of your property. This is a great way to give your dog access to the back or front yard only. For a waterfront property, the Double Loop layout can give your dog access to the yard and dock.
The Hourglass Loop keeps your pet in the front yard and back yard only, while restricting access to the sides of your home.
Install Your Fence in One Weekend
From laying wire under landscaping to crossing your driveway, we'll walk you through common in-ground fence installation questions.
- Skills required: Light yard handiwork, including burying wire, possible wire splicing, surface patching, and basic tool skills
- Property modification: Minimal (underground wire, patched expansion grooves for driveways)
Contain Multiple Pets with One System
Add an unlimited number of pets!
No pet gets left inside! Every dog and cat in the family (large or small) can receive signals from the same, single transmitter. Once you purchase an in-ground transmitter, choose from our additional in-ground receiver collars (sized for each dog or cat) and it’s outdoor freedom for every paw in the family.
(Note: in-ground and wireless systems are not compatible. Check each system product page for a list of compatible products.)Shop Add-A-Pet Collars
What's in the Box
Each system includes everything you need to set up your fence.
- Transmitter & adapter- plug it in and it sends the radio signal to your pet’s collar
- Receiver collar & battery- the signal warns your pet where the boundaries are
- 50 boundary flags to mark the boundary during training
- 500 feet of boundary wire to cover up to 1/3 acre (purchase more wire for larger areas)
- Test light tool for testing the system and collar
- Operating and training guide
- Other necessary parts (mounting bracket, gel-filled capsules, wire nuts, etc.)
(Note: Some systems will come with additional parts, such as a charger, surge protector, etc.)
Why Charlie the Basset Loves His In-Ground Fence
Josh and Steve tell the story of their dog and how a PetSafe in-ground fence solved the challenge of letting him have his freedom outdoors while keeping him safely contained in their yard.
"I would definitely recommend the PetSafe brand. It is so easy to install, and it definitely works. If it could work on my dog, it could work on anybody's dog."Shop In-Ground Fences
For orders over $50
Subtotal must be at least $50 before tax and shipping fees.
Orders under $50 ship for $4.95.
If you're not 100% satisfied
with your purchase, return it
within 30 days for a refund.
Let an Invisible Fence® Brand professional take care of the layout, setup, and installation of your fence, and even help train your pet!
Check out more options to help you find the right solution for you and your pet.
Related ArticlesVisit the Blog
Call Customer Care for live help:
- Free phone support
- Online help database
- Step-by-step manuals